Troones

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
Can anyone who has experience with both of these suits offer a comparison on how they fit? I have a few J Press Pressidential suits and sport coats and I keep coming back because of the fit. I like it roomy, yet still handsomely cut which I feel these are. I understand that Madison is Brooks Brothers' most roomy fit, but is it comparable? I'd like to take advantage of the current BB suit sale, and I've never owned one of their suits, though I'm a big fan of their shirts and ties.

Eligius

United States
Tennessee
Nashville
Can anyone who has experience with both of these suits offer a comparison on how they fit? I have a few J Press Pressidential suits and sport coats and I keep coming back because of the fit. I like it roomy, yet still handsomely cut which I feel these are. I understand that Madison is Brooks Brothers' most roomy fit, but is it comparable? I'd like to take advantage of the current BB suit sale, and I've never owned one of their suits, though I'm a big fan of their shirts and ties.
The Press cut is much roomier and almost exclusively sack. The Madison will be noticeably more snug with a greater degree of waist suppression. It’s significantly less so than the Regent though. Generally, my size in Brooks is +1 up vs Press since I like the similar feel. (EDIT: the Madison is a still a reasonably full cut, just less so than Press).

However, I believe the Press Pressidential label was not a type of cut but rather their highest quality line (vs Presstige and Pressclusive), and all cuts seemed somewhat similar. It’s gone, and they seem to have moved to just classic (vs trim) cuts now, but there do seem to be price categories that may equate to the prior division.

Last edited: