Billax

Durham, NC & San Francisco, CA
United States
North Carolina
Durham
IMG_8093.jpeg

IMG_8102.jpg

IMG_8096.jpg

On a very pleasant day... a week or two ago... with temps in the low 90s, I wore the items above. I was reasonably comfortable outdoors in Durham, but felt GREAT in the air conditioned comfort of the Washington Duke restaurant... where we always seem to celebrate our Anniversaries. This was our fifty-sixth anniversary, and I love her as romantically as I did in August 1963! As we have become more wrinkled over those years... our eyesight has correspondingly weakened.... and she is, therefore, as beautiful as she was on the day we were married!

Outfit Highlighted by:
• J. Press Pink and White Seersucker sport coat
• Allen Edmonds Perfed and Pinked white Suede wingtips

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
United States
California
Palm Desert
Billax:

It's our 50th this year, but you look perfect - (maybe a pocket square!! ;) )

Charles Dana

Honors Member
United States
California
San Francisco
As we have become more wrinkled over those years... our eyesight has correspondingly weakened.... and she is, therefore, as beautiful as she was on the day we were married!
Billax, that is an exemplary ensemble. Once again, you have inspired me. And congratulations on attaining 56 years of wedded happiness. Extraordinary!

Just a smidgeon of unsolicited advice: you might consider deleting the word "therefore" from the above-quoted sentence. We don't want this:

"Honey, to me you're still as beautiful as ever!"
"Why, thank you, Darling. How sweet of you."
"Of course, my eyes aren't what they used to be."
"What did you say?!"

poppies

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
California
Los Angeles
Another stellar example from the champ, thanks for sharing this.

WatchmanJimG

United States
FL
Orlando
Outstanding look! I'm beginning to reconsider my decision to send back the J. Press seersucker I ordered a couple of months ago.

fishertw

United States
North Carolina
Boone
Wore a tan seersucker suit to an event on the Blue Ridge Parkway recently. It was a fundraiser for the Cone Mansion . Got lots of “Southern Gentleman” comments on the suit.
It’s that time of year folks,

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
Wore a tan seersucker suit to an event on the Blue Ridge Parkway recently. It was a fundraiser for the Cone Mansion . Got lots of “Southern Gentleman” comments on the suit.
It’s that time of year folks,
A well put together outfit featuring seersucker will always draw sincere compliments. A well put together outfit featuring Madras seems to draw more raised eyebrows and the odd chuckle.

“They just don’t understand.”

🙃

Last edited:

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
What Day is it?? It's "Seersucker Put Away Day" After today my suit and sport coat are going to the upstairs closet till Memorial Day 2020.
Pshh. Not me tills at least a hint of Fall weather arrives in Atlanta. No more white bucks though.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Pshh. Not me tills at least a hint of Fall weather arrives in Atlanta. No more white bucks though.
Or you could do this and keep the white bucks in service year round:
84c2e425567488607313853913ca0d4d-3.jpg

Editor's note to Fading Fast: This is our last warning. Our records show that you have posted that picture over 500 times to AAAC. Your overall contribution to the site is minimal at best, it would not take much more encouragement to have us revoke your membership. And for God's sake, just go buy all the items in the picture and be done with it.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts