32rollandrock

Connoisseur
United States
illinois
springfield
A friend from St. Louis stopped by for a visit last night and walked away with a gorgeous Golden Fleece suit I found at the thrifts a couple days ago that fits him almost perfectly. Looking for a recommendation for a tailor he can go to for final tweaks. It doesn't need much. However, a lapel has been mis-pressed and so needs to be re-pressed so that it lies properly without a telltale crease from the bad press--that's actually the biggest issue. If it were mine, I'd send it to Rave Fabricare in Arizona to be re-pressed, but he's not the type of clothes horse who would spend the money it would take to do that. I told him I'd find him a top notch tailor in the St. Louis area who could take care of the alterations and, hopefully, the pressing. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

jkurtz498

Starting Member
United States
Pennsylvania
University Park
Everyone I know goes to Chesterfield Tailoring (in suburbs, 20 minutes outside of city) off Olive Blvd. The expert tailor there may ​be on vacation, I can't recall.

EngProf

United States
MO
St. Louis
Kaz Halon, on Page in Overland, has done alterations for me for several years now and he does a nice job.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts