Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Tattersall, tweed, and tartan. I’ve done it for you.

View attachment 36867

I got two compliments, one from someone who is not paid to give people compliments.

Excuse the crude picture. It is my first selfie, the first picture of myself I ever posted anywhere, and accordingly the first time I tried to disguise myself.
Nicely done, without picking a niggle! Wanting only a PS! :beer:

What, you don't have software that turns the subject into an alien!? ;)

👽 👽 👽

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
On the banks of the Willamette
United States
Oregon
Oak Grove
Tattersall, tweed, and tartan. I’ve done it for you.

View attachment 36867

I got two compliments, one from someone who is not paid to give people compliments.

Excuse the crude picture. It is my first selfie, the first picture of myself I ever posted anywhere, and accordingly the first time I tried to disguise myself.

Bang on! Though I second Flandarian's motion that you should sport a PS. Something restrained in a game bird motif, perhaps.

New Old Stock

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
New York
New York
As others have mentioned it can be done but on a case by case basis. Unless I missed it i dont think the shirt or tie in question have been pictured here.

When it comes to the three main pieces above the waist (shirt, jacket, & tie) you can combine patterns & solids with varying degrees of success. Listed here from lowest to highest chances of getting it right*;

All three patterned.
Shirt & jacket patterned, solid tie.
Shirt & tie patterned, solid jacket.
Jacket & tie patterned, solid shirt.
Shirt patterned, solid jacket & tie.
Jacket patterned, solid shirt & tie.
Tie patterned, solid jacket & shirt.
All three solid.

Did I miss any?
*This, of course, is just one mans opinion. But it helps me save time in the morning.