eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
Good beginnings! Pull an IHOP trick and pair a plate of pancakes with those eggs. Now that's a breakfast. :amazing:

Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside

Pancakes, eggs and slabs of bacon, juice and coffee.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
I’ll post a pic next time, but by far the heartiest and most decadent breakfast I’ve had is from Hash House A-Go-Go.

P.S. just realized the Chicago location has closed. We were last there a little over a year ago. Oh well.

Peak and Pine

Honors Member
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
An egg is cracked into a coffee mug, stirred with a fork and placed in the micro for 30 seconds while a single slice of whole wheat is toasting. Stir again and micro for a full minute, remove, slice toast in half, empty perfectly-scrambled egg on one half, close up and enjoy and if you're doing this at home you can be shirt and shoeless because you've just served yourself. Note no butter or other grease used or needed and no pan to scrape. Around 160 calories. I've done this each morning since they invented the microwave. Before that I slurpped bowls of mush.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
I’ll post a pic next time, but by far the heartiest and most decadent breakfast I’ve had is from Hash House A-Go-Go.

P.S. just realized the Chicago location has closed. We were last there a little over a year ago. Oh well.
Paraphrasing a line from the movie Jerry McGuire and a related song by Kenny Chesney, "You had me at that picture of Andy's famous Turkey and Waffles Tower!" Hello! LOL. ;)

Last edited:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY

Pancakes, eggs and slabs of bacon, juice and coffee.
Howard, usually, I'd want to swap out the pancakes for waffles, but that dish just looks too perfect to mess with. Also, in heaven, sunny-side-up eggs come exactly as shown - crisp at the edges, but with the yokes high up and ready to break and run.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
On the banks of the Willamette
United States
Oregon
Oak Grove
I travel too much to keep chickens but the image of a perfectly fried egg standing tall and round so tempts me that perhaps one day I will break down and get some. Having eggs flatten out al over the griddle because they're from cold storage is really disappointing.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts