Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
I'd say for breakfast I'm a coffee cake man, myself.

There's a cafe in my neighborhood - Hodgepodge - which serves what they call a blueberry crumble (and which I would call a blueberry coffee cake). Quite good.

But I grew up on my dad's coffee cake (which I'm sure was some concoction of bisquick, seeing as how this was in the 70s and 80s). Topped with coconut flakes and baked, so the coconut would be toasted. I could eat a whole pan of that.

DH

I think one day this week I might want to buy a slice of cake for a breakfast snack, those are a bit expensive at Stop N Shop.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Looking at those pictures of a rather magnificent breakfast, oddly I find myself reminded of the classic Ronnie Milsap tune, "I'm having daydreams about night things...and it isn't even 7am!" As I sit here, munching on my morning rice cake, I can't help but think...I gotta get me a new dietician. :(

Dhaller

United States
Georgia
Atlanta
You know, I have *yet* to try avocado toast.

(I think in part because I fear buying avocados - I have no idea what I'm looking for. Just a shopping failure I've never really tried to overcome.)

DH

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
You know, I have *yet* to try avocado toast.

(I think in part because I fear buying avocados - I have no idea what I'm looking for. Just a shopping failure I've never really tried to overcome.)

DH
Just feel them. Slightly soft is pretty but edible. Fairly soft is less pretty but still edible. Really soft is ugly and not really edible. You can learn all you need to know about avocados for under ten dollars. The ones that are too hard will ripen on the counter. Pick up some lemons and maybe a bottle or jar of spicy harissa.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts