Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
On the banks of the Willamette
United States
Oregon
Oak Grove
All my days are 'off' but not having anyone else to cook for (except the poodle, who isn't fussy) I rarely put out much effort into breakfast. However, every now and again . . .

I think I'll make up some sourdough batter tonight for tomorrow. It will be an experiment on sourdough pancakes for one.

Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
Many years ago I discovered the luxury of rising early enough to enjoy mornings.

When I was still single, I used to get up at 4am, and usually be at the office at 7. I'd have three hours to read the news, enjoy breakfast and coffee, etc.

That's harder now (amazing how wives and daughters conspire to absorb time!), but I still assiduously avoid *rushing* in the morning!

(I get a physical paper in part for this reason. It's delivered to my house around 3-4am, so it's there when I shuffle out to grab it from the drive at 5. The rest of the family stirs around 6:30-7, so that time is MINE all MINE!)

DH

So now you work and it's harder to sit down and relax with a good breakfast meal?

Dhaller

Advanced Member
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
So now you work and it's harder to sit down and relax with a good breakfast meal?
I handle “mornings” in my household (change security settings, turn things on or off, get breakfast ready, drag people from beds, etc) so I simply have less dedicated “me time”.

I do enjoy family life, but Henry Higgins does raise some fair points!

DH

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts

Deals/Steals