California
Irvine
Okay guys, not all at once.

Tilton

Advanced Member
United States
Arlington
Virginia
My father has one chair and one ottoman, purchased some time in the early 70's. I would not call it an investment but it will last a long time. I have little doubt that chair will grace my living room (or man-cave) in another 5 years or so when they decide to move some place warmer.

smmrfld

United States
California
Pleasanton
Have had one for years...the look is classic but it's not all that comfortable.

CuffDaddy

Connoisseur
I think my aunt has one* (in a rather repulsive greyish-greenish blue leather). I always found it comfortable, and my aunt sits in hers a lot. She's had it at least 30 years. Seems to have held up pretty well.

* Or something that looks exactly the same in terms of shape. I've never discussed it with her, nor looked for a label.

WouldaShoulda

Suspended
United States
VA
Alexandria
I hope it comes with a gigantic stereo and headphones.

A groovy floor lamp for reading is also a must.

AaroninOC

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
California
Irvine
That is a fair point, I should have called it an expense rather than an investment. That said, I hope they will be the last lounge chair I have to purchase.

My father has one chair and one ottoman, purchased some time in the early 70's. I would not call it an investment but it will last a long time. I have little doubt that chair will grace my living room (or man-cave) in another 5 years or so when they decide to move some place warmer.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
When faced with making a similar decision, I went with an Ekorne Stressless Recliner. It may not have the designer street creds of the "Eames Lounge Chair," but you will find nothing that will treat your back more kindly. The Ekorne is my 'go-to' seating in the man cave! ;)

Tilton

Advanced Member
United States
Arlington
Virginia
When faced with making a similar decision, I went with an Ekorne Stressless Recliner. It may not have the designer street creds of the "Eames Lounge Chair," but you will find nothing that will treat your back more kindly. The Ekorne is my 'go-to' seating in the man cave! ;)
I have the Ekorne stressless myself (albeit a hand-me-down from my father, bought in the late 70's [I think]) and I find it much more comfortable than the Eames, but the style is certainly not quite the same. Mine is the old version pictured below.