vonSuess

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Does anyone drink new Beaujolais anymore? It used to be widely available from a number of vinters around here. This year, I was lucky to find one bottle from Georges Duboeuf...

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Does anyone drink new Beaujolais anymore? It used to be widely available from a number of vinters around here. This year, I was lucky to find one bottle from Georges Duboeuf...
I don't think I ever did. Out on the Left Coast we kind of treated it as a BosWash obsession and didn't see the point. This was, I accept, probably a reverse snob kind of thing but given how much less expensive the local stuff was . . . understandable, I hope.

vonSuess

I don't think I ever did. Out on the Left Coast we kind of treated it as a BosWash obsession and didn't see the point. This was, I accept, probably a reverse snob kind of thing but given how much less expensive the local stuff was . . . understandable, I hope.
Well, I think it must have been a trendy sort of thing for a while in the U.S. that has largely come and gone. As much as I like it, apparently fresh red wine isn't for everyone...

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
At least the passing of the fad ought to have brought the prices down. Admittedly, it makes it harder to find but at least it should be more affordable.

vonSuess

At least the passing of the fad ought to have brought the prices down. Admittedly, it makes it harder to find but at least it should be more affordable.
Well, I found another bottle today for Christmas Eve about twenty miles down the road. It must have been about $10 American, although I was a slacker and didn't check the price. It must be selling better than I thought as I apparently got the last one and they started the day with a case. My sister tells me Nouveau Day is still a big thing in France, where there remains a significant tradition. I suppose that's true, although she'd tell me that even if it weren't - being the native Parisian and enthusiastic supporter of all things French. I think there are something like forty vintners making it, so they must be selling it to someone. I guess we'll make up the difference with Riesling Kabinetts which is what we usually drink around here, anyway...
I appreciate your comments. Hans

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
So many of your posts do give rise to a studied consideration of the pictures we see in this thread and I think that to be entirely appropriate, given the title of the thread. But I must ask, does the lovely lady napping in the first picture realize that 1/2 ton pillow of her's could and would eat her alive under the right circumstances. Pigs are carnivores at heart...indeed they seem to eat anything that comes within range of their muzzles. :crazy: ;)

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
So many of your posts do give rise to a studied consideration of the pictures we see in this thread and I think that to be entirely appropriate, given the title of the thread. But I must ask, does the lovely lady napping in the first picture realize that 1/2 ton pillow of her's could and would eat her alive under the right circumstances. Pigs are carnivores at heart...indeed they seem to eat anything that comes within range of their muzzles. :crazy: ;)
Indeed. I have read that contrary to the urban/suburban belief, hogs kill more farmers than any other domestic stock. Keeping small children away from the hog pen is just prudent.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.