Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
On the banks of the Willamette
United States
Oregon
Oak Grove
Why? Because I live in Oregon? No. I cut my wine-drinking teeth on California Zinfandels and my opinion of Pinots is that the vast majority of them are tinted white wine. Possibly they are suited for chicken or steelhead but with anything more robust, a Cabernet Franc is my entry level. Tonight I had a steak with cajun butter sauce and a mashed pumpkin. Wine of choice? Zin. Pasta? Zin or Primativo. My favorite wines all climb out of the bottle and ask if I want to arm wrestle.

JBierly

Advanced Member
United States
Tennessee
Chattanooga
Why? Because I live in Oregon? No. I cut my wine-drinking teeth on California Zinfandels and my opinion of Pinots is that the vast majority of them are tinted white wine. Possibly they are suited for chicken or steelhead but with anything more robust, a Cabernet Franc is my entry level. Tonight I had a steak with cajun butter sauce and a mashed pumpkin. Wine of choice? Zin. Pasta? Zin or Primativo. My favorite wines all climb out of the bottle and ask if I want to arm wrestle.
Not because you live in Oregon - how about Willamette! I will drink just about anything that is well made so I find it a bit sad that you live in an area that makes some great wine that is not to your liking. I admit that Oregon Pinots can be a bit light in the pants - I tend to favor Burgundy from warm vintages over "classic" vintages so I get it. However, you remind me that there is a Ridge tasting monday that I was invited to attend - perhaps I need to resample a little Montebello.....

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
On the banks of the Willamette
United States
Oregon
Oak Grove
Not because you live in Oregon - how about Willamette! I will drink just about anything that is well made so I find it a bit sad that you live in an area that makes some great wine that is not to your liking. I admit that Oregon Pinots can be a bit light in the pants - I tend to favor Burgundy from warm vintages over "classic" vintages so I get it. However, you remind me that there is a Ridge tasting monday that I was invited to attend - perhaps I need to resample a little Montebello.....
I moved to the Willamette for the beer and the rain. Wine I prefer to import from Eastern Washington, California, Bordeaux, etc. However, it must be admitted that there are a few vintners in the Valley who share my preference for more robust varietals. Those, I patronize. And a few of them are even Pinots. Now, if one were to want a crisp white to go with sole meunière or Dungeoness crab, then the Pinot Gris is what I reach for first. By golly, we make a fine Pinot Gris up this way!

delicious_scent

Canada
Saskatchewan
Regina
Those are good looking trousers. That inside pleat brings the crease line all the way to the waist. Gives it a good, long leg.

Really a sharp look to me.
Thanks, that was the idea.

Somehow there's another crease on that one leg and it's distracting me.

Hopefully that will press out.

delicious_scent

Canada
Saskatchewan
Regina
That is a fantastic pair of trousers! 😍

Haven't seen a pair that nice in a long time! Not a thing I'd want to change, or anything that could possibly improve them.

May you long wear them in happiness and health!

:beer:
Thanks.

I recall mentioning a couple years ago that I'd never wear high waisted, pleated pants without a jacket.

Now here I am!

They drape nicely, yet are as comfortable as pajamas.

Peak and Pine

Honors Member
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
I recall mentioning a couple years ago that I'd never wear high waisted, pleated pants without a jacket. Now here I am!
You might want to pause here a bit.

Big fan of hi-rise and (forward only) pleats. Together or separately. However, the world that will view these may not yet be ready for this sight or, that up unti the 50s, it was even a sight. With a jacket, all's good. Careful without one. Your polo, as worn here, highlights the enormity of the rise. A tucked polo is a little bit out of the mainstream and on the opposite side of the bank. So consider untucking or, better yet, scrap polos with these. They almost demand a crisp button up. They are very nice pants and well tailored and I particuarly like the waist band and color. For an even crisper look, you may want to consider closing (sewing) up the pleats for another two or so inches at the top.

No problem with the pants. You did good. Just how and where to wear them.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts