Matt S

Connoisseur
United States
NY
New York
^

Regarding a change in rise of which you inquire...

A long time ago I had a fall from a very high place. When the side upon which I landed completely healed, two years about, it wasn't quite the same size as it had been.Everything was smaller, shorter, crooked. Some of this was noticable even clothed. Like ass cheeks. One rounded. One a pancake. I experiment with ways to correct this, and settled on extra cloth in the crotch on the side of the round one. This way the cloth over both draped the same without hugging and, unless yuu were grabbing me, which I'm not opposed to, the cheek drape appeared even.

This is mentioned because while determining all this the crotch was opened and I found I could hike the pant to true waist without junk crush. They looked good, they felt good, except the crotch was air conditioned. So cloth wedges were sewn in to close the open door, one for each side, the one covering the larger cheek slightly larger. To give you an idea of how much is covered, the wedge is in the form of a right triangle. The base c. 2", the length being 3-4". If you draw a diagonal line through yuur smart phone screen, you will see the real size and the real shape of BOTH inserts, which includes seam allowances. So you can see the inserts are quite small. Yet they give you a belly button rise. Medium to high. You can't do low to high because the zipper is too short.

The above came to me in a dream long ago featuring your grandmother.
Ah, this is why you mentioned my name before. Like I said the last time, this method increases the stride, not the rise. It sounds like this method improved the fit for you and also allowed you to wear your trousers higher. But this ability to wear them higher doesn’t mean you lengthened the rise. The rise was already long enough, but the stride made it so they had to be worn lower because they didn’t fit you well. If I increased the stride on a pair or trousers that already fit well, all I would end up with is a baggy seat, not a longer rise. My tailor has done the same for me, and it allowed the trousers to sit higher because increasing the stride allowed them to fit better over my bum. If I had a smaller bum then they would have sat higher on me without increasing the stride.

delicious_scent

Canada
Saskatchewan
Regina
^

Regarding a change in rise of which you inquire...

A long time ago I had a fall from a very high place. When the side upon which I landed completely healed, two years about, it wasn't quite the same size as it had been.Everything was smaller, shorter, crooked. Some of this was noticable even clothed. Like ass cheeks. One rounded. One a pancake. I experiment with ways to correct this, and settled on extra cloth in the crotch on the side of the round one. This way the cloth over both draped the same without hugging and, unless yuu were grabbing me, which I'm not opposed to, the cheek drape appeared even.

This is mentioned because while determining all this the crotch was opened and I found I could hike the pant to true waist without junk crush. They looked good, they felt good, except the crotch was air conditioned. So cloth wedges were sewn in to close the open door, one for each side, the one covering the larger cheek slightly larger. To give you an idea of how much is covered, the wedge is in the form of a right triangle. The base c. 2", the length being 3-4". If you draw a diagonal line through yuur smart phone screen, you will see the real size and the real shape of BOTH inserts, which includes seam allowances. So you can see the inserts are quite small. Yet they give you a belly button rise. Medium to high. You can't do low to high because the zipper is too short.

The above came to me in a dream long ago featuring your grandmother.
Hopefully the muscle imbalance was taken care of?

Thank you for the information, now I know it's possible to do this in the future. Not by my lazy hands, but by my tailor.

Grandma says she recalls cussing you out in a dream as well ;).

Troones

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
and, unless you were grabbing me, which I'm not opposed to, the cheek drape appeared even.
Sorry if this is off-topic but oh man, can we start a thread titled "hilarious lines you've read on Ask Andy"? This had me spitting up my coffee! There have been quite a few gems recently. :laughing:

AdAstra

Starting Member
United States
DE
Wilmington
Happily, I recently broke my "avoid pleats like the plague" conditioning. I ordered a suit without carefully reading the description (based on the name I believed it was flat front like the similarly-named suit by the same brand that I ordered at the same time). Somehow I didn't even notice the pleats until getting it back from my tailor, wearing it, and looking down to admire the pants after thinking to myself how comfortable they felt. That alarming lack of awareness aside, I am much less inclined to avoid pleats going forward.

5 Rules on How and Wehen to Wear An Undershirt