eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
This Monday morning, after Easter Sunday we are listening to the Pointer Sisters, singing "He's So Shy" from the Best of The Pointer Sisters album. Memorialized in song and proven in practice, this technique works...at least it did with Mrs Eagle! ;)

drpeter

Western: Miles Davis, Dexter Gordon, Sonny Stitt, and all those jazz greats. Kiri te Kanawa, my all-time favourite soprano (arias and crossover songs, especially the Princess Street Orchestra LP/CD). Nat King Cole. Yves Montand, Francoise Hardy.

Eastern: Classic Ghazals by Talat Mahmood, the King of Ghazals. The incomparable Lata Mangeshkar, the equally wonderful Suman Kalyanpur, my favourite male voice Mukesh, the lovely voice of Hemant Kumar.

I can work on my stamp collection and be listening to the thousands of songs I have recorded using the wonderful Audacity program -- and best of all, it is free. It is the perfect way to disappear from the morose present, and into the sonorous world of music...

eagle2250

This mornings entertainment is provided by a group calling themselves Stagger Lee Goat Ropers and Shit Kickers, singing Frankie and Johnny.....the kind of music that makes one pray for incidental deafness. :crazy:

To recover from our initial experience we tuned in Bobby Rydell singing, We Got Love, from the 20th Century Rocks album. This one is worth listening to! ;)

eagle2250

This mornings musical interlude is provided by The Oak Ridge Boys, singing Elvira from The Oak Ridge Boys Gold album. Can you imagine self-isolating with that gal(!)? We followed Elvira with one of their Gospel tunes, "This Little Light of Mine," from their Gospel Collection....to atone for the impure thoughts of Elviar! LOL. ;)

Corcovado

This is a long recording of Nick Drake demos and studio outtakes. I've queued it to 49:08 for the start of "Second Grace," which is a particularly nice song/recording. It is immediately followed by "Place to Be," which is even better.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.