Cassadine

United States
Pennsylvania
Butler
For some unknown reason, I've reverted to early boyhood and am cherishing early Beach Boys material. Brian Wilson certainly could write wonderful pop tunes. And their harmonic performances are in rare company; as contemporaneous performers, The Beatles were in the same class. Later on Kansas did fantastic harmony.

Of course, Freddie Mercury singing and overdubbing himself didn't just stretch the harmonic envelope--he burned it to ash. Good grief that man could sing. I recall hearing Bohemian Rhapsody on WNEW in NYC when it first came out and becoming exhilarated and confused simultaneously. I couldn't pronounce the names on the wine list, so to speak, but I knew I wanted another glass.

Cassadine

United States
Pennsylvania
Butler
Quite possibly?

Nothing either quite or possibly about it - it simply is.

Between the "quite" and the "possibly" and that whole Howard Stanton Levey thing on the other thread I am gonna have to keep my eye on you...
The game is afoot!. I think I've listened to that song more than 500x. The intro is sublime.

Shaver

Connoisseur
England
Manchester
All'ombra d'un mistero!

The Act 1 Scene 2 aria from Verdi's operatic adaptation of Byron's The Corsair, featuring a sublime libretto courtesy of Piave, never fails to thrill me.

The cloyingly sinister vocal provokes thoughts of dappled woods, perched on the Elysian slopes, teeming with bluebells all nodding in the rising heat of an early summer morning their cobalt heads weighted with dew and shame.
“Non so le tetre immagini

Fugar del mio pensiero”

@Peak and Pine version: played music, liked music.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
This mornings entertainent comes from The Very Best of The Oak Ridge Boys CD. Presently playing, "Thank God For Kids!" Frankly all 14 selections included on this CD are phenomenal. ;)

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts