drpeter

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Wisconsin
Stevens Point
Nat King Cole, Diana Krall, Chopin nocturnes played exquisitely by the late Eugene Istomin, Dexter Gordon, Bessie Smith, Sarah Vaughn. And the divine Kiri te Kanawa. Plus a whole lot of Hindi film songs and ghazals from the sixties, and north and south Indian classical music. I've long had music as an integral part of my daily life.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
This morning we are listening to The Oak Ridge Boy's, singing "Leaving Louisiana In The Broad Daylight," from the Oak Ridge Boys Essentials album. ..one of their hits once included in a Dukes of Hazard episode. :amazing:

eagle2250

Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
This morning we are listening to Bobby Vinton singing "Roses Are Red, My Love" and then came "Mr. Lonely," both from his Greatest Hits album. ;)

drpeter

United States
Wisconsin
Stevens Point
This morning we are listening to The Oak Ridge Boy's, singing "Leaving Louisiana In The Broad Daylight," from the Oak Ridge Boys Essentials album. ..one of their hits once included in a Dukes of Hazard episode. :amazing:
The last couple of days I have been listening to The Shadows, a British group that was famous in India in the fifties and sixties. Cliff Richard, an Anglo-Indian who was born in Lucknow, India, and emigrated to the UK, was a popular singer there, and he was accompanied by The Shadows. I think Richard still holds several records in the UK. They are all listed here:

I am so-so with him, but The Shadows are great!

drpeter

United States
Wisconsin
Stevens Point
Ah, The Temptations! They were before my time in the States, but I have heard enough of the Motown sound and songs to recognize the name, and My Girl is considered a landmark song by those of my native-born American friends, at least those of them belonging to my age group. A lot of that music was also in an old film called The Big Chill, and I saw the house where that movie was made, in South Carolina not far from the Marine Base in Beaufort (The Great Santini, starring The Great Robert Duvall, was also made there, shot in part on the Base ).

I am not very familiar with rock and its variations, being primarily focused on be-bop jazz from a specific period (1933 -- the purported date of the Lester Young/Coleman Hawkins battle royal in Kansas City -- to 1970) and opera -- as far as Western music goes.

As for the gorgeous lady in the photograph, I can only hazard a wild guess, with apologies in advance if I am mistaken: Might that be Mrs Eagle? If I am right, you are one lucky chap!

Last edited:

eagle2250

Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Ah, The Temptations! They were before my time in the States, but I have heard enough of the Motown sound and songs to recognize the name, and My Girl is considered a landmark song by those of my native-born American friends, at least those of them belonging to my age group. A lot of that music was also in an old film called The Big Chill, and I saw the house where that movie was made, in South Carolina not far from the Marine Base in Beaufort (The Great Santini, starring The Great Robert Duvall, was also made there, shot in part on the Base ).

I am not very familiar with rock and its variations, being primarily focused on be-bop jazz from a specific period (1933 -- the purported date of the Lester Young/Coleman Hawkins battle royal in Kansas City -- to 1970) and opera -- as far as Western music goes.

As for the gorgeous lady in the photograph, I can only hazard a wild guess, with apologies in advance if I am mistaken: Might that be Mrs Eagle? If I am right, you are one lucky chap!
The lady is indeed my dear wife and I am one lucky chap, who married well above his pay grade! Thank you for your kind words. ;)

eagle2250

Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
This morning we are listening to Eric Church, singing "Country Music Jesus," followed by "Like Jesus Does," and Springsteen," all from Church's Chief album. ;)

5 Rules on How and Wehen to Wear An Undershirt