peterc

United States
california
san francisco
I'm terribly eclectic usually. Today is no exception. Started with Albinoni, then Satie and Debussy, then Tool (they won a grammy!!!), now Led Zep--cuts off of II,III, Zoso, and Physical Graffiti (their best by far).
Physical Graffiti is a masterpiece. Saw them on that tour.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
This Monday morning, after Easter Sunday we are listening to the Pointer Sisters, singing "He's So Shy" from the Best of The Pointer Sisters album. Memorialized in song and proven in practice, this technique works...at least it did with Mrs Eagle! ;)

drpeter

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Wisconsin
Stevens Point
Western: Miles Davis, Dexter Gordon, Sonny Stitt, and all those jazz greats. Kiri te Kanawa, my all-time favourite soprano (arias and crossover songs, especially the Princess Street Orchestra LP/CD). Nat King Cole. Yves Montand, Francoise Hardy.

Eastern: Classic Ghazals by Talat Mahmood, the King of Ghazals. The incomparable Lata Mangeshkar, the equally wonderful Suman Kalyanpur, my favourite male voice Mukesh, the lovely voice of Hemant Kumar.

I can work on my stamp collection and be listening to the thousands of songs I have recorded using the wonderful Audacity program -- and best of all, it is free. It is the perfect way to disappear from the morose present, and into the sonorous world of music...

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
This mornings entertainment is provided by a group calling themselves Stagger Lee Goat Ropers and Shit Kickers, singing Frankie and Johnny.....the kind of music that makes one pray for incidental deafness. :crazy:

To recover from our initial experience we tuned in Bobby Rydell singing, We Got Love, from the 20th Century Rocks album. This one is worth listening to! ;)

5 Rules on How and Wehen to Wear An Undershirt