Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Buttons for the weekend.

Great minds think alike, down to the moleskins. I wore these to a friends 70th Birthday party tonight.
8D1D8625-5016-4D07-8100-D9CF5ACFD9E2.jpeg

View attachment 28833
Even living in NYC, where I see a lot of well-dressed men, I don't recall ever seeing boots as beautiful as those. With their buttons, fabric and leather, they make quite the statement. You two guys are impressive dressers.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Indeed the boots pictured, those incredible works of leather art, are perfect for 'strutting one's stuff!' :cool:

momsdoc

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Ocean
J. Fitzpatrick is having a private sale. Icouldn’t pass on these espresso suede button boots. I even bought my son a pair. It’s time he got to enjoy the distinctive pleasure a button boot provides.

10A57DB7-9699-4B9F-8EE0-B1E045463E2A.jpeg

247CBA5F-4988-4DE4-955F-8282F4504947.jpeg

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
I can’t believe nothing has been posted in a month.
These are my recent Allen Edmonds Higgins Mill boots, in bourbon shell cordovan.
View attachment 29766
I had never considered buying AE's Higgins Mill boots in shell cordovan, but must admit your post has persuaded me to reconsider! Handsome boots, for sure.

J. Fitzpatrick is having a private sale. Icouldn’t pass on these espresso suede button boots. I even bought my son a pair. It’s time he got to enjoy the distinctive pleasure a button boot provides.

View attachment 29767

View attachment 29768
Those espresso suede's are a memorably handsome expression of of a historically unique design. Momsdoc, you and your son have some very blessed feet!

May each of the gentlemen in the above referenced posts long wear their new boots and may they do so only in good health. :)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
RogerP, momsdoc and other button-boot fans - there's a scene in the 1950 movie Madeleine, which is set in 1850s Victorian England, in which a young woman (Ann Todd) fastens her father's button boots with a long button-hook tool. I tried hard, but could not find a still from that scene nor any pics of the boots. That said, it'a a good movie (after a slow first 30ish minutes), so worth watching for much more than just the brief boot buttoning scene.
uai-iftn_08197.jpg

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts