SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
My but the new year is still in its embryonic state, and we have our first irrelevant story about an equally irrelevant couple.

I have a personal policy to not judge how others in foreign countries decide to organize themselves and their government.

However, I cannot help but be dumbstruck by how people are fascinated with this.

It’s ironic that the two want to “step away” or whatever they want to call it to become financially independent. One has to wonder what possible skill either of them has outside of her being a rather successful social climber and his being the issue of a failed marriage and quite possibly a bastard child.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
My but the new year is still in its embryonic state, and we have our first irrelevant story about an equally irrelevant couple.

It’s ironic that the two want to “step away” or whatever they want to call it to become financially independent. One has to wonder what possible skill either of them has outside of her being a rather successful social climber and his being the issue of a failed marriage and quite possibly a bastard child.
Your final paragraph reads much like the outline for a fast reading dime store romance novel, shining a light on perhaps the more seamy side of life. :crazy: LOL. However, if one can believe what one reads waiting in the checkout line(s) at the local Walmart, it is unfortunate that Harry and Megan (we can call them that now that they have stepped away from their "senior royalty roles"...can't we?) are being subjected to the same rude and arrogant treatment by an out of control press corps thatpursued Harry's mother to the actual point of her death! The Press in Great Britain and in this country have much to answer for, but alas, they never will be held accountable by the numbingly mindless masses. ;)

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
To call them the “press” is generous at best. Sort of like calling an astrology a science.

Aside from the more prurient interest in the royals as a whole, were I a U.K. taxpayer my concern would be more along the lines of the public monies being spent supporting the two. I suppose they are free to do as they please. The question about finances should be debated among the stakeholders.

I do find it odd that the goings on of Andrew, and the possibility that he’s a child molester gets less attention, at least here, than these two self absorbed twits.

127.72 MHz

Advanced Member
United States
Oregon
Portland
The U.S. political soap opera: "As The Stomach Turns" is bad enough.

I would be grateful for a six month worldwide moratorium on stories involving the British royal family.

Big T

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
PA
DuBois
The U.S. political soap opera: "As The Stomach Turns" is bad enough.

I would be grateful for a six month worldwide moratorium on stories involving the British royal family.
However, given our 24 hour "news cycle", what we have is opinionated entertainment, the political form of reality TV. Actual news, many times, is insufficient to fill 24 hours, hence the repetitive nature and multiple talking head opinions.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts

Deals/Steals