The Quest for the Perfect Navy Blazer

WA

Honors Member
United States
WA
Bellingham
3/8 Lined is a nice amount of lining.

Think sharkskin would be, depending on how it's done, an interesting blazer. What kind of trousers, shirts, etc. will you wear with the coat?

Peak and Pine

Honors Member
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
I come late to this and only skimmed the previous, plus being of a mind that any all-navy jacket, no matter what the pockets, buttons or cloth can serve as a navy blazer, but your opening post mentioned you wanted 'something with a twist'. I see no twists here except folks trying to twist you out of getting sharkskin.

So I'll give a twist. Having this made up? Have the tailor add a 2 1/4" wide
non-working belt to the rear, circa 16" down from the collar, side seam to side seam. A half Norfolk. Added twist: darts on the rear, often three, that make up under the belt, usually go up, but can go down. Then be prepared to Twist and Shout. All. Night. Long.

Watchman

Advanced Member
United States
IL
ChicagoLand
3/8 Lined is a nice amount of lining.

Think sharkskin would be, depending on how it's done, an interesting blazer. What kind of trousers, shirts, etc. will you wear with the coat?
I have some Andover charcoal trousers that are tropical weight. I am also considering wearing something slightly more fanciful such as colorful gabardines.

Greenshirt

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
FL
Ponte Vedra
For the record, I am open to hopsack, herringbone, doeskin etc....

The best course of action is to wait until the swatches come in the mail...
I own a hopsack navy blazer single breasted in MOP buttons. I would say the MOP buttons changed the look of the navy blazers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watchman

Advanced Member
United States
IL
ChicagoLand
Some swatches arrived today. Think I am going with the hop sack after all:

5B665D88-27A3-41DD-A58C-10B98E3F4297.jpeg