delicious_scent

Great idea, horrible execution. That blazer needs a long point collar with a tie to balance the low gorge and low buttoning style from 30 years ago.
In terms of "filling up too much open chest space to draw eye upwards" as a menswear principle, it makes sense.

I rather like it though anyway.
Point well taken. However, as a man in his well-seasoned 60s, I exercise the provenance to decide how I define personal style. I like it, I wear it. 😎
60+? I look haggard at 25, I hope to age this well!

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I just pretend that turtlenecks never went out of style ...

View attachment 40602
Not being snarky, but I am genuinely questioning/asking if turtlenecks really have gone out of style.

The selection of turtlenecks at "young" retailers such as J.Crew, Uniqlo, BB Red Fleece and Club Monaco stayed the same or increased this past winter season: J.Crew absolutely showed more last year. There was a definite increase at Banana Republic too, but I have no idea who its market is.

Like the cardigan - which had all but disappeared from "younger" men's lines, but has come back in the past several seasons - I think turtlenecks might be on the upswing (albeit, a small and slow upswing).

To be sure, both cardigans and turtlenecks are still not broad market items, but these younger stores wouldn't be increasing their selections of them if they weren't selling. Curious what others think?

EclecticSr.

I'm in agreement on turtle neck sweaters, haven't seen a decline. I wear the look when it pleases me to do so. In tune with the weather of course.

As to Matt's point, I agree, have long since donated my six on one jackets , as to provenance, I'm turning a well seasoned 80, don't look a day over 55-60 or so I'm told.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.