CMDC

Honors Member
United States
DC
Washington
I hate how my car keys, wallet, and cell phone make my pants and sport coat bulge all over the place. A bindle is perfect!!! Can I get one in Harris Tweed???

Also, one of my students this past summer had a man bun.

Shaver

Connoisseur
England
Manchester
The first article is referencing a lampoonery of the twits, though.

As to the final article - the sight of armpit hair on females evokes a sensation of lurching queasiness within me, whatever its colour may be. :icon_pale:

jm22

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
New York
Syracuse
I was walking around New York with my girlfriend and we ventured into SoHo and saw multiple stores selling "hobo chic." I said to my gf "do you think these people understand the insanity of spending a lot of money to look like you have no money at all?" I'm talking $200+ t-shirts that were wrinkled.

Also, my sister and her friends are obsessed with that "man bun" look on guys and I see it on social media a lot. I think the general trend is toward men with long hair, beards and scrawny bodies. It seems to change every few years.

I've seen the armpit hair stuff. A college roommate dated a girl who didn't shave her legs or armpits and it made me queasy. I know it's probably unfair gender stigmatizing (or whatever the constantly offended general public loses their mind over); but it's so ingrained in my brain that I seriously get a little sick feeling when I see it.

Duvel

Connoisseur
United States
Iowa
Newton
40 years ago these people would have been committed, the key thrown away. Now the lunatics aimlessly wander the streets. So sad.

Tempest

Honors Member
United States
NJ
Windham Park
The bindle is silly, but the alternative is generally some sort of man purse.
The bun and the hair dye is feminist idiocy. Nothing good can come of feminism.

Pentheos

Advanced Member
United States
Wisconsin
Clinton
I remember I was once looking through 'Mr. Mort', a blog of shabby chic fashion in NYC. Page after page of old men wearing purposefully paint-splattered jeans, or young men sporting a mishmash of vintage trash. Then, I saw a homeless man, in an alley with empty liquor bottles, photographed for his aggressive wearing of rags.

I closed my browser, and have never looked back.

YoungSoulRebel

Inactive user
United States
California
san Francisco
There have always been hipsters, and have always been (usually) older folks shaking their fists saying, "get off my lawn!".
The ebb and flow of life....

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts