eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
A response far more eloquent and informative than any I could have come up with, Mr Robinson. Thank you for putting it in terms we can all understand! ;) LOL.

Peak and Pine

Honors Member
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
Data limit prevents me from viewing the video, probably a Conservative knock, and since I don't know personally the few with whom I'm tangling here, but enjoy their internet presence and don't wish to mess that up or their continued ability to outright adore me , 'natch, Dumbo and I are going home now.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
So, taking it up a notch in seriousness, I noted in the morning news feed that Matt Kuchar was allowed to remove a coarse grain of sand in a waste area because he viewed it as a pebble and treated it as a loose impediment. Apparently the rules official concluded that a waste area was millions of loose impediments. The Rules of Golf seem to be on their way to becoming useless. I always believed that “Play it as it lies” was a pretty straightforward and useful concept.

richard warren

United States
Louisiana
covington
Mark Hamill?

The proper response is pity for the poor sod. His disappointment with his own life must be immense, unless he really is so clueless he just does not understand the downward trajectory he has been on for, well, forever. Either way, pity.

I come from a hunting culture, but have no taste for it. Still, find it hard to generate any outrage over someone shooting an elephant, or any other such action which is perfectly consistent with human nature as it has evolved...as long as it does not damage another human being.

I am amazed at the failure of those outraged by such perfectly natural and human actions as hunting to recognize the inconsistency in their own justification of other human actions previously reprobated or even outlawed on the grounds that these actions formerly considered “deviant” are innate and natural.

Things change, morals change, cultures change. It is people who claim to support change who seem to constantly ignore the fact of change.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
This business of boycotting a business or individual due to something he/she did years ago is getting out of control. Luke Skywalker killed a TonTon to keep warm. Very unwoke!

If we all lived on such a hair trigger we would find some reason never to eat out again or let alone leave our homes for want of not supporting something or someone who may have committed some offense against nature.

People will still eat at Jimmy Johns, Chick Fil A and patronize any other number of businesses.

As for me, I’ll still watch TV, go to the movies, use Apple products and engage the world around me.

caktaylor

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Texas
Houston
This business of boycotting a business or individual due to something he/she did years ago is getting out of control. Luke Skywalker killed a TonTon to keep warm. Very unwoke!
The TonTon died from exposure. Han cut it open using Luke's lightsaber after it died.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts