Dan the Man

If we can have a thread on the trad car, why not a thread on the trad dog?

My vote would be for the English Bulldog as a clear number one. Others for consideration would be a Springer Spaniel, an Irish Setter, and a Basset Hound.

Other thoughts?

Barrister

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Definitely a tie between a Labrador Retriever and a Golden Retriever. Or do as I've done and have both at the same time. They're awesome!

"I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult. But the age of chivalry is gone."
- Edmund Burke

Vettriano Man

Greyhounds - and once a greyhound owner, always a greyhound owner.

My old soulmate, who sadly passed away recently:

[/img]

Old Brompton

A black or yellow lab, of course. Although a terrier is acceptable too. ;)

If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation. - Xenophon

"You are symptomatic of the lazy, unimaginative management which is driving this country
on the rocks!" - Mr. Bridger, "The Italian Job"

JLibourel

Honors Member and King Fop
United States
California
Long Beach
I think we had a "Trad Dog" thread before this.

I think the most Trad Dog would probably be an English Setter as you hunted the coverts for grouse and woodcock with your grandfather's (or great-grandfather's) side-by-side Parker, Fox or L.C. Smith.

For Southern Trad, make that a Pointer and the quarry bobwhite.

Curator

United States
CA
Berzerkeley
Folks back home in the states just got this little guy, my Dad's Christmas present. His name is Duke:

I'm not sure we Quakers will put him to his original hunting use, but he will be the traddest dog yet and retrieve cigars and books when he's older if I have any say in the matter.

-----------------------------------
"It is an old trick. The playgoer who does not like dirty plays is denounced as a prude; the music-lover who resents cacophony is told he is a pedant; and in all these matters the final crushing blow administered to the man of discrimination is the ascription to him of a hidebound prejudice against things that are new because they are new." -Royal Cortissoz

Last edited:

BostonScott

Curator,

Duke is the cutest dog I've ever seen! Love his nose. What breed?

quote:Originally posted by Curator

Folks back home in the states just got this little guy, my Dad's Christmas present. His name is Duke:

I'm not sure we Quakers will put him to his original hunting use, but he will be the traddest dog yet and retrieve cigars and books when he's older if I have any say in the matter.

-----------------------------------
"It is an old trick. The playgoer who does not like dirty plays is denounced as a prude; the music-lover who resents cacophony is told he is a pedant; and in all these matters the final crushing blow administered to the man of discrimination is the ascription to him of a hidebound prejudice against things that are new because they are new." -Royal Cortissoz

www.williamlcoleman.com