32rollandrock

Connoisseur
United States
illinois
springfield
Maybe we should talk cars instead, then.

Or a combination of the two, chiefly, what's a good way, other than a towel or blanket, to keep my best friend's hair from coating the seats of my car? Orvis has something that costs a lot and won't fit.

hardline_42

Honors Member
United States
New Jersey
Mount Holly

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
On the banks of the Willamette
United States
Oregon
Oak Grove
Can't be. Irony is unquestionably declasse' since 9/11 and the losses in the NYFD. Anyone still trying that old snark in this era is disqualified from Trad.

Nathan Detroit

I am sure many breeds are lovable, and good arguments can be made to fit the spirit of many dogs in with the tradly ethos but retrievers and setters are considered by most authorities to be the classic trad dogs... look at any Bean or Orvis catalog. Unfortunately J Press does not show dogs in its catalogs, that would settle the matter, Q.E.D.

I have a ten-year-old golden;)

Jovan

Honors Member
United States
New Mexico
Albuquerque
Don't focus on Trad dog breeds. Why not, instead, give a home to one of the countless dogs in shelters that need one?

That is my only thought on this matter I wish to share.

41Lexington

Starting Member
United States
MA
Boston
Maybe we should talk cars instead, then.

Or a combination of the two, chiefly, what's a good way, other than a towel or blanket, to keep my best friend's hair from coating the seats of my car? Orvis has something that costs a lot and won't fit.
32roll - we had the same issue. We have two goldens who we often take swimming and hiking. As you can imagine, it's hell on the inside of our car. We bought one of these covers from Duluth Trading - http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/seat-protector-scouts-seat-saver-32006.aspx?kw=do can seat cover&processor=content - and it's done a fairly good job. For reference, we have a volvo wagon and it pretty well covers the back seat. It could be a bit wider, but it gets the job done.

EDIT: It's also significantly cheaper than the similar item from Orvis.

Last edited:

32rollandrock

Connoisseur
United States
illinois
springfield
32roll - we had the same issue. We have two goldens who we often take swimming and hiking. As you can imagine, it's hell on the inside of our car. We bought one of these covers from Duluth Trading - http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/seat-protector-scouts-seat-saver-32006.aspx?kw=do can seat cover&processor=content - and it's done a fairly good job. For reference, we have a volvo wagon and it pretty well covers the back seat. It could be a bit wider, but it gets the job done.

EDIT: It's also significantly cheaper than the similar item from Orvis.
Thanks. Our pug and retriever/shepherd mix are both shedding machines. The pug sometimes rides in my Tacoma pickup (standard cab) and you pretty much have to vacuum the seat every time, no matter how short the ride. Their usual ride is my wife's Cherokee, which is thoroughly coated--it takes a couple hours when I detail it to get rid of hair and it's back to coated again within a week. Doesn't help that it's light-colored hair on a dark interior. We're looking for a sedan for her now. That back seat protector would work, I think, for the mutt, but the pug is a different matter. It goes where it wants when it wants in a vehicle, or anywhere else, for that matter.