The World's Lightest Suit?

IT_cyclist

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Indiana
Bloomington
I'm left wondering... If the goal is to design a lightweight suit to beat the summer heat, why go with a dark color?

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
I'm left wondering... If the goal is to design a lightweight suit to beat the summer heat, why go with a dark color?
I love traditional seersucker as well as tan and olive cotton poplins, but there are summer forums when a dark suit is more optimal.

richard warren

United States
Louisiana
covington
Living in Atlanta I can appreciate the appeal of light and unconstructed. But previous commenters are right. The cut is appalling

Years ago I owned an unlined and unconstructed seersucker blazer in solid navy. It was one of the most versatile garments I’ve ever owned. It is hard to find solid navy seersucker jackets, and even harder to find them unlined and unconstructed.
I believe you can get one from Haspel.

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
Thanks Richard. They certainly have had what I’m looking for in the past, but no longer it seems. I will give them a call this week to check again.

Matt S

Connoisseur
United States
NY
New York
As long as one is not in direct sun (which one often is not), a dark colour doesn't make a difference.

United States
California
Santa Monica
Right. And it's specifically designed for ultra light fabric. If you've ever been in Napoli in July-August, you'll understand why.
It is used for all kinds of fabrics. Cesare Attolini makes it suit shoulders this way- others do too. Old man Vincenzo invented the Neopolitan suit.

Last edited: