Third solid color surcingle belt; which color?

Oldsport

United States
New Jersey
Swedesboro
i am going to buy a third solid color surcingle belt. I already have Navy and Olive. What are suggestions for a third color? I’m leaning toward Maroon. How versitle is Khaki? I’m only skeptical about Khaki as I wore Khaki pants with a Khaki belt for twenty years; do not want to look like in uniform. Suggestions?

Tod Hackett

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Spring is in the air at last so I vote for a soft, almost pastel yellow. Goes with both off-shore greens and Nantucket reds swimmingly. Works with gray flannels and every color of non-yellow cord for the cooler months as well.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
Spring is in the air at last so I vote for a soft, almost pastel yellow. Goes with both off-shore greens and Nantucket reds swimmingly. Works with gray flannels and every color of non-yellow cord for the cooler months as well.
I have navy and olive and that was to be my next color!

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
i am going to buy a third solid color surcingle belt. I already have Navy and Olive. What are suggestions for a third color? I’m leaning toward Maroon. How versitle is Khaki? I’m only skeptical about Khaki as I wore Khaki pants with a Khaki belt for twenty years; do not want to look like in uniform. Suggestions?
I've long had a fondness for surcingle belts, and when I discovered Leatherman 4 or 5 years ago went a little nuts. :oops: As in, I believe I know have over a dozen.

From my experience, the colors you already have are two of the most useful. And if adding a third solid color, I too would would select maroon. But of all the belts I have, the one I find most versatile, and also a rich accent to virtually any attire is my navy belt with a maroon stripe. It's a more discreet and rich option among striped belts.

And if you it interests you, you can also get their solid belt with a well done embroidered motif.

See how this can get out of hand!? ;)

I believe the belt below is navy and red, which gives you an idea, but the maroon is much darker and richer looking. I.e., there's less tonal contrast.

https://www.elizab.com/tab-buckle-surcingle-belt.html

upload_2019-3-10_13-55-29.png

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
Got my third, yellow. It looks great with khakis and a navy polo, even better with Green sailcloth from Murray’s and blue chambray.