Mike B

United States
New Jersey
Morristown
Here's a 1962 Pendleton woolen over-shirt that my brother-in-law got at a thrift store closing ($5 for a bag of clothes), didn't quite fit him and passed it on to me during a holiday visit.

It's a great outer layer for around the house or outside. I had to do a little repair to get the tag back on and I added a hanger loop. The care tag charmingly says 'wear with pleasure'. It's hard to believe that this wool shirt has made it 57 years without moth damage.

Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Advanced Member
Atlanta, Georgia
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
Here's a 1962 Pendleton woolen over-shirt that my brother-in-law got at a thrift store closing ($5 for a bag of clothes), didn't quite fit him and passed it on to me during a holiday visit.

It's a great outer layer for around the house or outside. I had to do a little repair to get the tag back on and I added a hanger loop. The care tag charmingly says 'wear with pleasure'. It's hard to believe that this wool shirt has made it 57 years without moth damage.

I greatly enjoy these types of stories. Great value, good looks, sustainable....a win-win-win!

Cheers,

BSR

Barrister & Solicitor

Canada
Québec
Montréal
I bought 9 Suits from Russel's tailor in montreal (one of the best tailor in Canada), each of them for 10$! They are incredible and all basically like new, but they are too big for me. The best exemple is the sleeves are about 3 inches too long for me. Every other area are fine, it would need tappering of course, but the shoulders are fine (i have really broad shoulders) and I think shortening the jacket about half an inch would be a must.

As anyone done alterations this extensive? What was the result? Right now I'm thinking about giving them up as I feel like it would cost me about 250$ each to alter, for maybe a bad result. :(
They may be great suits, but it sounds as if the length is problematic. If you do get them tailored, you may find that the proportions of the body of the jacket and up wrong.

ran23

United States
Oregon
Medford
Got these AE Wilbert lace ups in brown with a nice rubber sole, walking a lot now. 9.5E, nice fit. Safir products on their way to clean these up.

ran23

United States
Oregon
Medford
Wait till I get these brown Patriot Loafers for next to nothing with good soles. still no super phone or digital anything to post with.