Peak and Pine

Honors Member
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
Update:

Today, I went to the same thrift shop and discovered one more bargain, a beautiful, never-worn Lands' End sportcoat (label inside), for $3.00. This jacket is, again, a precise fit for me. It's made of chocolate brown pinwale corduroy, and has the same red piping on the inside seam edges like the suit I picked up last week, so it is added support that the suit might also be Lands' End -- circumstantial evidence, as attorneys might say, LOL. The sportcoat has a very crisp hand to the fabric, and is also fully lined, and made in the USA. The cut of the jacket is identical to the jacket of the suit I described above. It seems as though someone dropped off a bunch of Lands' End clothes at my local St Vinnie's, in my measurements -- a doppelgänger , perhaps?
Good finds.

Am not familiar with St. Vincent's, if that's what you're referring to. Or referrring to any Saint with a cutsie nick name.

drpeter

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Wisconsin
Stevens Point
Good finds.

Am not familiar with St. Vincent's, if that's what you're referring to. Or referrring to any Saint with a cutsie nick name.
Yes, it is St Vincent de Paul, I believe. Up here in the Midwest, people do abbreviate the Saints' names. It is common to hear Wisconsinites -- very religious ones included -- refer to St Joe, St Vinnie, St Mike, and so forth. Personally, I prefer entire first names rather than diminutives -- for regular (non-saint) people, that is. I don't care that much how Saints' names are spoken, not being of any specific religious persuasion, or even a belief in any god. I think St Vincent de Paul charities and thrift stores are nation-wide, although I am not certain. Ours actually changed their name recently to something like Community Thrift Store. But they still operate a food pantry and other helpful services for those in need. In addition to buying things from them, especially books and clothes, I also make contributions as often as possible to their general fund.

drpeter

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Wisconsin
Stevens Point