mhj

United States
OH
Cleveland
I'm looking for a tie storage solution. Most of the tie racks I've seen don't have more than about 20 pegs. Like most of us, my collection far exceeds that number and the state of my existing tie rack is a real disaster.

What are others using for their tie storage.

dkoernert

United States
Virginia
Newport News
This is no help, but I am having the same problem. I currently roll mine, but I have been looking for a rack for the wall for some time now. I have found it impossible to find one locally that mounts on the wall with any substantial number of pegs, all I can seem to find are the ones that are supposed to hang in the closet.

CMDC

Honors Member
United States
DC
Washington
I roll them and store them in the plastic, clear, shoe boxes sold at Container Store. You can usually fit about 25/30 in each. They're clear, so you can look for ties without opening up and rummaging through them. They're stackable. And they keep the ties safe. The best solution that I've come up with.

dcjacobson

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I have a couple like this one:

4512313810869P.jpg

This particular rack holds 40 ties. You can find older versions of this product on eBay from time to time.

Good luck,
Don

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
On the banks of the Willamette
United States
Oregon
Oak Grove
I sympathize. Even though I only wear ties about once a week for nine months of the year I still have too many for what storage I've got. Worse yet, my closet hasn't got room for one of those hanging types! I'm about to go hunting for an armoire or two to put in the guest room just to hold the overflow from my closet!

sbdivemaster

United States
Shangri-La
I've been looking into a new tie storage solution, so when I saw this thread, I had to take a look. While I'm still considering all kinds of options, I do have a question for the audience:

Do you find that your ties get a crease from hanging, long-term, on the small pegs usually found on all the different tie racks out there?

CMDC

Honors Member
United States
DC
Washington
When my wife and I were recently at an antique store, I saw this amazing, proably 100+ year old chest. Rather than having your standard drawers, it had instead probably fifteen drawers all no more than 2.5 inches in height. I'm not sure what they were used for originally but I started to fantasize about how this was the ultimate tie storage solution. You would have been able to fold your ties lengthwise and then arrange them however you wanted drawer by drawer. When I explained this to my wife she made it clear that in no way would we spend $1000 or so on something that would be used only for my ties.

sbdivemaster

United States
Shangri-La
When my wife and I were recently at an antique store, I saw this amazing, proably 100+ year old chest. Rather than having your standard drawers, it had instead probably fifteen drawers all no more than 2.5 inches in height. I'm not sure what they were used for originally but I started to fantasize about how this was the ultimate tie storage solution.
Apothecary cabinet...?

SWiMBO was concerned over a $1000 tie dorm? She what she thinks of this for a walk-in closet:

Antique Pharmacy Apothecary Display

:aportnoy:

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts