Status
Not open for further replies.

delicious_scent

Canada
Saskatchewan
Regina
I'm putting together some rules for clothing. I've written 7 rules and I'm looking to release them in late Summer. The rules will serve somewhat of a roapmap for guys looking for guidance/clarity.

Rule #1: Pants must be darker in color than your shirts.
Any thoughts on this rule?

Do you have any rules you follow?
Generally that rule works, but as with any rule, it can be broken with finesse.

If I'm wearing a dark coloured shirt in a casual setting, I'm probably going to wear lighter coloured pants.

Ex: Dark olive green shirt, cream or khaki pants.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^Ditto on the lighter colored pants. I try to keep my wardrobing choices simple, wearing khaki hued chinos 80% of my days. Hence, my trousers are almost always lighter colored than my shirts. The people around me seem to think I look good, frequently complimenting my choices. :icon_scratch:

Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
I'm putting together some rules for clothing. I've written 7 rules and I'm looking to release them in late Summer. The rules will serve somewhat of a roapmap for guys looking for guidance/clarity.

Rule #1: Pants must be darker in color than your shirts.
Any thoughts on this rule?

Do you have any rules you follow?
I always try to mix and match colors in my wardrobe.

[email protected]

East Rutherford, NJ
United States
New Jersey
East Rutherford
Generally that rule works, but as with any rule, it can be broken with finesse.

If I'm wearing a dark coloured shirt in a casual setting, I'm probably going to wear lighter coloured pants.

Ex: Dark olive green shirt, cream or khaki pants.
^^Ditto on the lighter colored pants. I try to keep my wardrobing choices simple, wearing khaki hued chinos 80% of my days. Hence, my trousers are almost always lighter colored than my shirts. The people around me seem to think I look good, frequently complimenting my choices. :icon_scratch:
I always try to mix and match colors in my wardrobe.
Thanks for the comments. What I'm looking to create is a roadmap for guys to simplify their wardrobe and their purchases. And hopefully to create a look. I assume you guys are advanced or enjoy playing with colors or patterns, it's safe to say you don't need rules. But a lot of guys don't know where to start and don't have a strategy for acquiring clothing - and because of this they make mistakes. A roadmap might provide value.

Rule #2 is wear solid colors only.

[email protected]

East Rutherford, NJ
United States
New Jersey
East Rutherford
For anyone who's interested, I'd like to get your feedback on the 7 rules I've created for clothing. Your feedback will help me flush out this concept before "going live" with it.

This set of rules would be for guys who want stability in how they dress, who want a mistake-free wardrobe, and a simplified clothing acquisition strategy. These rules are not for guys that like to play with their looks or fashion guys that enjoy getting involved with changing trends.

1. Pants must be darker than your shirts.
2. Wear solid colors only.
3. Wear classic colors.
4. Pants must stop at the top of your shoe.
5. Socks must be in low contrast to your pants.
6. Don't get fancy, dress neutrally.
7. Minimize multi-brand contamination in your closet.

[email protected]

East Rutherford, NJ
United States
New Jersey
East Rutherford
2019_0528_light_jeans2.jpg

I want to call out a Summer weight dark jean for the guys who need a dark jean for the office - and who may be a bit heat-sensitive. Pro Soft Darks is 11 oz, which is on the light side of standard weight jeans. It looks nearly identical to our Pro Original Darks, just a bit softer and about 20% lighter.

You can see it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.