Dmontez

Advanced Member
United States
Texas
Corpus Christi
I happened to catch Tom Hanks on Live Kelly, and Michael this morning. He was promoting the movie "Bridge of Spies" and as soon as the preview of it was over, he turned to Michael and had a conversation about menswear.
I have found the video, of it. Not the best quality, but you can see it for yourself. It should automatically start at the preview, but if not fast forward to the 12:00 minutes.

[video=youtube_share;iWW8lAA3sjI]https://youtu.be/iWW8lAA3sjI?t=12m5s[/video]

He got a few things wrong, but I am just glad he was able to tell someone who makes suits, that having a generous, or correct rise is actually really comfortable. http://www.jcpenney.com/men/men/collection-by-michael-strahan/cat.jump?id=cat1005990003&deptId=dept20000014&cm_re=S2-_-CAT-_-mens_collection_brand

Dmontez

Advanced Member
United States
Texas
Corpus Christi
Purely speculation, but it might be that he's a fan of the New York Yankees.

WICaniac

United States
Wisconsin
Middleton
I wore suspenders and high-waisted trousers to work today and mentioned to my wife at dinner how comfortable they are. She responded by telling me that Tom Hanks agrees, referencing this spot.

Shaver

Connoisseur
England
Manchester
After witnessing that eye-gougingly dreadful 'shortie' British Warm style abomination that Hanks had the temerity to inflict upon me during his recent appearance in a popular music video (Carly Rae Jepsen, if I recall correctly, and truthfully the 'song' was equally appalling) I would not trust his opinion in matters sartorial.

I am keen on Hanks more generally, however.

moltoelegante

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Italy
Sicily
Catania
There's nothing uncomfortable at all about current trouser cuts, i.m.o.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
I agree with Tom Hanks observation regarding the relative comfort of clothing styles from "back in the day." Count me in as an advocate for a higher rise in today's trouser designs, though I am not sure such would resolve the dilemma I face daily of my trouser waist beginning each day positioned just below my navel and quickly settling to rest on my hips! :(

shadoman

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
MO - Missouri
st. louis
... the dilemma I face daily of my trouser waist beginning each day positioned just below my navel and quickly settling to rest on my hips!
That never happens when I wear braces ! ( I also suffer from TRIM ... Too Round In Middle )

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
.....the dilemma I face daily of my trouser waist beginning each day positioned just below my navel and quickly settling to rest on my hips! :(
That never happens when I wear braces ! ( I also suffer from TRIM ... Too Round In Middle )
LOL. You may have a point about the positive effect of wearing the braces, but I'm not ready to concede the conclusion regarding TRIM as the sole causative factor for the noted drop to the hips. My trousers went through a similar "limbo" routine back when I sported a 44" chest measure and a 30/31" waist and today with a 46" chest and a 37/38" waist, it still doesn't seem too bad. Alas, I only wear braces with formalwear. :(

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts