Dmontez

Advanced Member
United States
Texas
Corpus Christi
There's nothing uncomfortable at all about current trouser cuts, i.m.o.
Unless you have male genitalia, then everything is wrong with them. Before I started wearing properly cut trousers my wife would always tell me that my business was very clearly visible.

one thing I wish is that we could get away from is calling this an "older cut" I prefer to think of it much more a proper cut.

Eagle, I too suffer from pants falling from my natural waist to my hips. I've always thought it was "TRIM" but even when wearing suspenders it still happens, more particularly when going from seated to standing though, not so much when walking.

Dmontez

Advanced Member
United States
Texas
Corpus Christi
I also noticed Tom Hanks said at one point in this discussion that it was like "wearing pajamas" it would have been so nice to be able to tell him that it was because he was wearing a properly fitted suit, not because its an "older cut"

Chillburgher

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
NJ
Jersey City
Eagle, I too suffer from pants falling from my natural waist to my hips. I've always thought it was "TRIM" but even when wearing suspenders it still happens, more particularly when going from seated to standing though, not so much when walking.
Wow, that really surprises me. I definitely suffer from the "TRIM" affliction and I wear my trousers loose at the waist while standing to allow for a little extra room while sitting. This never happens to me when wearing suspenders.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
I prefer my slacks to come up to my natural waist with a slimmer thigh and leg opening.

It just created a cleaner line and I don't get the feeling that my pants are going to keep falling down.

g3org3y

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
UK
SE
London
Not sure I'll bother with the opinion of someone who feels wearing a baseball cap with such an ensemble (and indoors) is acceptable.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
United States
California
San Francisco
Not sure I'll bother with the opinion of someone who feels wearing a baseball cap with such an ensemble (and indoors) is acceptable.
I don't think we should be influenced by the fact that Tom Hanks wears a baseball cap throughout the interview. He evidently is not trying to make a fashion statement. The matter is addressed, albeit nebulously, at the very beginning of the interview. Right off the bat (pun intended), Kelly Ripa mentions the cap, and Hanks breezily replies that his head "is a work in progress" and that he "is under a non-disclosure agreement." Whatever that means. Maybe his hair is cut and colored in an unusual way in connection with a film that is currently in production, and he's not allowed to spill any beans yet. (The small amount of hair visible at the back of Hanks' head, right above his neck, appears to have been dyed white.)

I doubt that the hat is intended to cover up new hair transplant plugs (the usual reason that actors suddenly start wearing hats in inappropriate contexts), because Hanks had a transplant years ago, and his hairline has been fine ever since. Although a follow-up transplant is a possibility.

In any case, there's something going on under the baseball cap that Hanks really needs to, or wants to, cover up for awhile, so it's not as if he's wearing it because he just doesn't know any better.

Leonard

United States
New York
New York
I also noticed Tom Hanks said at one point in this discussion that it was like "wearing pajamas" it would have been so nice to be able to tell him that it was because he was wearing a properly fitted suit, not because its an "older cut"
Well - I made all of Tom's clothes for Bridge of Spies so, firstly, I'll take your comment about properly fitted suits as a compliment. Secondly, he constantly mentioned how comfortable they were to wear, so much so that he came by after shooting had finished and ordered some personal clothes. I made these more shaped and up-to-date, but he had the higher rise and loved them

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts