Tom Hanks calls for "high rise trousers" to come back into "fashion"

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Dmontez, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Matt S

Matt S Connoisseur

United States
    NY
    New York
    That's absolutely wonderful to hear! Glad to know that some celebrities still dress the best that they can.

2. FLMike

FLMike Connoisseur

United States
    FL
    West Coast
    I saw the movie over the weekend and really enjoyed it. It was cool to know that one of our members made the main character's clothes!

3. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    Keep this quiet please but I have it on good authority that Hanks has signed on for the long awaited Carrot Top biopic.

4. Hebrew Barrister

Hebrew Barrister Senior Member

United States
    texas
    yourmomtown
    44 chest and a 30 waist? Funny question - how the heck did you buy suits? Limited to separates I assume?

5. Hebrew Barrister

United States
    texas
    yourmomtown
    Most modern slacks, and even jeans, are a mid rise. There are some with a very short rise (jeans seem to be the biggest offender with this), that look horrible, as you point out.

However, a mid rise (which is still modern, and not a more classic style), looks better on slim/fit men. A longer rise looks better on men with a little extra padding in the mid section. In my humble opinion.

6. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    I wore lots of sport coat and odd trouser combinations. Suits were MTM's, generally with sack coat/jacket designs. ;)

7. richard warren

richard warren Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Louisiana
    covington
    Mid-rise equals no man’s land that cannot be pulled up high enough and inevitably go down, resulting in ubiquitous saggy crotch.

Unfortunately, many men are not as slim/fit as they seem to believe

8. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    ^^Well, truth be known,
    we realize the extent of our growth in girth, we just don't want to admit it! LOL. ;)

9. Hebrew Barrister

United States
    texas
    yourmomtown
    Ok, at the risk of exposing a house that needs some cleaning (and some removal of markers from children), this is how I am dressed today, not doing much other than running some errands. I'm in jeans that are a mid rise, do not fall down, and do not show my junk. I cannot see that I need a higher rise than this.

For reference, I am 170 on the dot, 5'10, 40 years old. Chest is around 40in, waist is around 32in.

Attached Files:

10. never behind

never behind Senior Member

United States
    IN
    Zionsville
    Okay a newb question. How do we define mid-rise vs high-rise? Is it in relation to the navel/natural waist? Or are we talking specific rise measurements (outseam less inseam)?

A 10.5” rise hits right at my navel. I like 10.5”-11” rises. I have two 12” rise flannels that I wear with sweaters as they seem a little high uncovered.

So is something at the navel mid or high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk