Trad Furniture Companies

oxford

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Florida
Ocala
Trad Furniture Companies. If you were to purchase brand new investment quality furniture these days what brands would you choose. Hinkle Harris seems to be the only remaining maker of solid Cherry for Trads and Century seems to be the only remaining firm for the more contemporary Trads.

TDWat

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Virginia
Central
If you live in the South or Mid-Atlantic, E.A. Clore (https://clore.furniture) has been making solid hardwood furniture in Virginia since the early 19th century, and it's still run by the Clore family out of the original factory. They make a lot of furniture for boarding schools and universities in Virginia; UVA has a bunch of it, among others. All of the native wood (cherry, walnut, oak, etc.) is cut from growth within a couple hours' drive of the factory, and all the furniture is made-to-order. I ordered a cherry dresser recently and I'm really looking forward to picking it up.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
Although I grew up in a home full of Kittinger and Henkel Harris and then appointed my own home in like manner, about fifteen years ago we shifted to a much more casual look, a mixture of a few Pottery Barn pieces like the Manhattan leather sofa and some slouchy slip covered chairs. In the den there is the blessed comfort of Ekornes stressless for watching television. Most of the wood is dark, and the big dining table has a very irregular hand hewn top, yet the overall feel of the home is still very Trad, thanks to old oriental rugs, good art in good frames, and the nic-nacs, including a fair amount of old blue and white Canton China and brass candlesticks from Williamsburg. I liked the nods to Thos. Moser and Chilton.

xcubbies

United States
Maine
Portland
Although I grew up in a home full of Kittinger and Henkel Harris and then appointed my own home in like manner, about fifteen years ago we shifted to a much more casual look, a mixture of a few Pottery Barn pieces like the Manhattan leather sofa and some slouchy slip covered chairs. In the den there is the blessed comfort of Ekornes stressless for watching television. Most of the wood is dark, and the big dining table has a very irregular hand hewn top, yet the overall feel of the home is still very Trad, thanks to old oriental rugs, good art in good frames, and the nic-nacs, including a fair amount of old blue and white Canton China and brass candlesticks from Williamsburg. I liked the nods to Thos. Moser and Chilton.

Appointed?