Alan veivre

Starting Member
United States
New York
New York
Would love to here from gentlemen who still carry, purchase and appreciate traditional business cases-other backpacks, messenger bags and the like. English lidover body attaches, top frame cases, old hartmann, atlas, louis vuitton leather, Hermes sac depache, etc.

Even with today's casualization of everything, there must be guys out there who wouldn't think of carrying a backpack to the office.

Last edited by a moderator:

poppies

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
California
Los Angeles
I'm using a structured flap over briefcase this very moment. I find it just as practical as any typical laptop bag or back pack, but far more elegant.

Alan veivre

Starting Member
United States
New York
New York
I find that gentleman still appreciate a fine English shoe-Crockett, Churchs, Edward Green and the like, but aficionados of briefcases made in the UK seem to be waning. There is nothing like a beautiful leather briefcase to complete a business outfit. A backpack or messenger bag just doesn't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

carrda04

Starting Member
United States
Minnesota
Minneapolis
I don't have mine with me in the office today, but I have a Bosca Partner's brief that I use to go to court, meetings, and the like. I plan to use it until I retire. Can't beat that.

Attachments

Alan veivre

Starting Member
United States
New York
New York
Bosca and Jack George's continue to make a nice top frame case. The bowed top on the bosca is a stylish touch. The only other company I've ever seen do that was Papworth,which is owned by Swaine Adeney

drpeter

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Wisconsin
Stevens Point
I have an older one (beautifully patina'd with time) from Tusting of UK: https://www.tusting.co.uk/

Lotuff in the US should also provide some fine examples of traditional cases for business use:

They are both dependable firms, with an excellent aesthetic sense. Mind you, these cases are quite dear, but one's probably enough to last you a lifetime...

Last edited:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
I picked up a like new Dilana leather pilots rolling bag at an estate sale this weekend.

$12.50

Cheers,

BSR

View attachment 38873View attachment 38874
A handsome bag and purchased at an almost unbelievably great price. It looks much like the crew bags we used to carry, only much more handsome and much better quality, I suspect! You will look to be a man to be noticed with that "bag in drag!" Well done, Sir. ;)