Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Atlanta, Georgia
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
I have enjoyed reading articles on this sartorial fiasco simply to see how ignorant so called “knowledgeable” commentators of men’s fashion are in regard to white tie. It makes me seriously question their reporting on sartorial issues of which I have limited knowledge.

The WAPO referred to the POTUS white tie outfit as a “tuxedo”, which made me spew my morning coffee onto my phone. The article referenced in this thread made no mention that the tailcoat was 3 inches too short behind the knee and the coat sleeves ridiculously long.

I have gone on several rants on this subject in the presence of my wife. She is considering having me committed.

Cheers,

BSR

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
The WAPO referred to the POTUS white tie outfit as a “tuxedo”, which made me spew my morning coffee onto my phone. The article referenced in this thread made no mention that the tailcoat was 3 inches too short behind the knee and the coat sleeves ridiculously long.
Cheers,

BSR
Interesting observation. Would you say this is a case of.....Fake News?

Muahahahaha! :D

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
Tod, my own personal gentleman emphatically agrees. :)
But to be fair one never knows when the boss refuses to listen. It is a waste of time to speculate, aside from those with subtextual political motives.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
^ Now, now - that's hardly fair, is it?

Seriously though, his valet (body man? - remember that happy phrase? ) and chief of protocol should be sacked.

Why should he know better or even care when there are those whose job it it is to care and know better? Radical concept, I know...
Should inquire of Good Time Charlie as to how to find a proper valet.

Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Atlanta, Georgia
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
One of my primary directives in government service is to use my extensive knowledge to protect my boss from his/her self.

I often find myself playing Jeeves to an endless queue of Bertram Woosters. “Do you think that wise sir?” is rooted in my vocabulary.

Cheers,

BSR

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
One of my primary directives in government service is to use my extensive knowledge to protect my boss from his/her self.

I often find myself playing Jeeves to an endless queue of Bertram Woosters. “Do you think that wise sir?” is rooted in my vocabulary.

Cheers,

BSR
Excellent practice!

Though in this instance wisdom may not pertain.

jackmccullough

Honors Member
United States
Vermont
Montpelier
Regardless of my personal feelings about him, on many times I've disapproved of my friends in social media fat-shaming Trump or Chris Christie (or slut-shaming Melania, for that matter).

I'm not an expert in formal wear, but it does seem that his obesity contributes to the problem. I assume a good tailor could make even a man of his size look better than he does here. If he had a good tailor that would probably also resolve the problem of how long the sleeves and trousers are. I can't tell if the trousers look baggy just because they're too long, or if they are also just cut wrong.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts