Pink and Green

United States
Oklahoma
Okmulgee
Don't get me wrong, don't care which is most "trad" - however, I have a problem.

My current undershirts seem to creep up - my OCBD's stay in place just fine, but whatever's underneath beats a hasty retreat out of my pants waistband. I am not especially tall, thus I don't think size "tall" undershirts are a solution.

Any ideas on undershirts that stay where they are meant to?

maximar

United States
CA
OC
I've been having the same problem. I even moved up a size but undershirts these days are just shrinking. I tried almost every possible brand.

dorji

United States
Minnesota
St Paul
I swear by CK "micro-modal" undershirts. http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=524618&CategoryID=22098
I know this is the crew neck version. The local Macy's (at least here) has the v-neck version too. Pus, their website has a free "stlye guide":devil: They are pricey, but hold up to washings well and can be had for $16 if you wait around. Look on the clearance rack.... I have a small stock from the last sale and also from fear of them being discontinued.
I am a 40L and choose to wear a Small. I like a tighter undershirt and they stay put with room to spare (length-wise). As an aside, these do not work very well if boxer shorts are your preference. Hope that helps a bit...

nolan50410

After an exhaustive search for the perfect v-neck undershirt, I have recently settled for the Brooks Brothers supima v-necks. I'm 6'3 with a long torso, so I have a real problem finding undershirts that stay long enough. I also like a large enough opening that there isn't a chance of the t-shirt showing.

There are very few decent options in the tall range, and most are online only, which I don't prefer. The BB shirts aren't perfect, but they are as close as I will find. I also decided to not machine dry them, to avoid any major shrinkage in terms of length. I recently bought 9 of them. When I have 8 dirty ones, I do a quick load and then hang them up to dry.

It aint a perfect scenario, but it ensures I have an undershirt that fits correctly and won't continually shrink wash after wash, like most brands do nowadays.

Tiger

United States
New York
New York City
My Lands' End underwear - boxer briefs and t-shirts - have proven to be plush, soft, comfortable, long lasting, and without any unwanted "shifting." Far superior to Jockey, Hanes, etc. in every way. Can't speak to the quality of the luxury brands, because the LE underwear made it unnecessary to go that route.

As with all articles of clothing, proper sizing is critical...

Blackford Oakes

Starting Member
United States
Alabama
Huntsville
+1 on Land's End t-shirts. Best I've tried.

My Lands' End underwear - boxer briefs and t-shirts - have proven to be plush, soft, comfortable, long lasting, and without any unwanted "shifting." Far superior to Jockey, Hanes, etc. in every way. Can't speak to the quality of the luxury brands, because the LE underwear made it unnecessary to go that route.

As with all articles of clothing, proper sizing is critical...

Charles Saturn

United States
Louisiana
New Orleans
I got some Land's End crew neck tees recently in order to qualify free shipping, and they appear to be well made, I have only washed them twice so tI can't testify to their longevity. I like the Brooks v-necks as well, but don't like the crew necks, they have kinda of scooped neck. Also, I have had good luck with JBanks tees in the past. I will say its definitely an imperfect world when it comes to t-shirts.

Cowtown

United States
Texas
Fort Worth
I just picked up some JAB crew necks myself and have been very pleased. The best undershirts I have came from Bannana Republic of all places. I received a $50 gift card last Christmas and wandered into the local BR fully expecting to hand the card to my wife. I noticed the undershirts on sale and picked up three. The only complaint is that the V on the V necks is not deep enough and shows when wearing an open collar shirt.

Orgetorix

Honors Member
United States
Kentucky
Louisville
I just tuck my undershirt into my boxers, and it stays tucked all day long. Far better than when I have it only tucked into my pants.

Dr. François

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Michigan
Okemos
This problem used to drive me crazy.

I do three things:

1.) Buy longer undershirts. Jockey Tall Man at Kohl's are nice...longer (but not softer) than LE models. Nordstrom brand talls are also nice. I think the undershirt should be as long or longer than the shirt tail itself.

2.) Go down one size from casual T-shirt size

3.) Tuck into underwear (like Orgetorix)

This approach works for me. YMMV.

Last edited:
Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts