Fading Fast

Connoisseur
The weather in NYC remains only seasonably warm, bearable enough to indulge my daily flight of fancy, wearing my newest suit, something from this season's sales, along with a new tie. (Not seen is the navy blue bandanna that will cover my face whenever I leave my apartment.)

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Braces - New & Lingwood
Pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Edward Green for Brooks Brothers

View attachment 47983 View attachment 47984 View attachment 47985 View attachment 47986 View attachment 47987
Freakin' beautiful summer suit - love that material. Enjoy and wear it in good health.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
Sometimes the effects of chance occurrence affect my attire, which happens to be the case for today. Yesterday afternoon, taking advantage of the relative mildness of the weather, I took a stroll in midtown, and needing both an air conditioning break, and some water, I found myself at Saks. With additional markdowns being what they are, I ended up walking out of the store with today's tie, and another of the same brand and material.

Being someone who must play with his new toys as soon as is humanly possible, I concocted today's ensemble based on my tie's compatibility with other things hanging in my closet - not a classic relaxed Friday concoction, but perhaps of some visual interest.

Suit, tie, and pocket square - Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Cufflinks - Thomas Pink
Braces - Lewin
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

IMG_4283.JPG
IMG_4284.JPG
IMG_4285.JPG
IMG_4286.JPG
IMG_4287.JPG

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^ LOL!
Almost every night of the year I wear my 'Little Lord Faunteroy' pajama shorts, when I go to bed. It's not a good look, but Mrs Eagle told me not to worry about it, as she is s tuff gal and she can take it! Bwahahaha.
;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.