upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
Finally, the sun has returned to NYC, and by this afternoon, temperatures will be spring-like - mid-60's F/18C. I have an invitation this evening to a members' preview for the Whitney Biennial, which requested "festive dress". If history is any indication, "festive dress" in the minds of the other patrons can vary widely - many attend the event looking as if they've just left their painting studio in Williamsburg or Bushwick to get in on the free drinks (always a highlight of any museum preview party).

For myself, below is what I've chosen to wear, with a blingy touch in my choice of cufflinks, to add to the celebratory atmosphere.

Suit & braces - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - DVVS, New York (now defunct)
Vintage watch chain
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center, NYC

IMG_0571.JPG
IMG_0572.JPG
IMG_0573.JPG
IMG_0574.JPG
IMG_0575.JPG
IMG_0576.JPG

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Upr_crust, you have done it again...a memorably great look: a beloved Grandfather or a respected/perhaps feared "Godfather"...the choice is yours. My friend, "you like horses, don't you?" ;)

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
Upr_crust, you have done it again...a memorably great look: a beloved Grandfather or a respected/perhaps feared "Godfather"...the choice is yours. My friend, "you like horses, don't you?" ;)
It's always interesting to see the associations different countries have with the same attire. In the UK, today's attire would say "City of London banker of a certain age"; in the US, it says "extra from "Boardwalk Empire". Al Capone has a lot to answer for in this matter . . . ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
Finally, the sun has returned to NYC, and by this afternoon, temperatures will be spring-like - mid-60's F/18C. I have an invitation this evening to a members' preview for the Whitney Biennial, which requested "festive dress". If history is any indication, "festive dress" in the minds of the other patrons can vary widely - many attend the event looking as if they've just left their painting studio in Williamsburg or Bushwick to get in on the free drinks (always a highlight of any museum preview party).

For myself, below is what I've chosen to wear, with a blingy touch in my choice of cufflinks, to add to the celebratory atmosphere.

Suit & braces - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - DVVS, New York (now defunct)
Vintage watch chain
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center, NYC

View attachment 31024 View attachment 31025 View attachment 31026 View attachment 31027 View attachment 31028 View attachment 31029

I'm liking the outfit. :)

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
After last night's revels at the Whitney, my attire is more low-key for today, chosen late last night, very quickly. As it is, I have to run a happy sartorial errand this evening, as my latest indulgence from Paul Stuart is supposed to be ready for pickup - a summer weight suit, unlined, and with virtually no padding. We shall see the results of this act of possible madness soon enough.

Included in today's posting are the obligatory shots of the skyline of Manhattan, as seen from the 7th floor terrace of the Whitney Museum last night. One of the problems that the art at the Whitney has is that it must compete with the views from the museum's terraces - very stiff visual competition.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - JAB
Braces - Trafalgar, via Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - David Donohue, via Cable Var Clothiers, SF
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand

IMG_0578.JPG
IMG_0579.JPG
IMG_0580.JPG
IMG_0581.JPG
IMG_0582.JPG
IMG_20190515_203227.jpg
IMG_20190515_203253.jpg

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
Friday, and spring-like temperatures (albeit with a slight chance of rain) have come to NYC. Wishing to start in on the spring/summer suits, I've taken today's attire out of the archives . . .

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Hermes
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Alain Figaret
Shoes - Crockett & Jones

IMG_0584.JPG
IMG_0586.JPG
IMG_0587.JPG
IMG_0588.JPG
IMG_0589.JPG

Jimbo2

United States
Ohio
Cincinnati
Friday, and spring-like temperatures (albeit with a slight chance of rain) have come to NYC. Wishing to start in on the spring/summer suits, I've taken today's attire out of the archives . . .

Sir Crust, absolute perfection! Even better than yesterday's grey pinstripe, which is one of my favorite color combinations - grey and pink! Thank you for this Friday treat!

Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
Crusty, I bet you can't wait to stop wearing your jacket for the warmer temperatures coming next week.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts