upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
@upr_crust, your last rigs were a touch above your excellent norm. I think I am in love with your striped suits, so here is my humble contribution to this theme.

Jimbo2 said "Sir Crust, absolute perfection! Even better than yesterday's grey pinstripe, which is one of my favorite color combinations - grey and pink! Thank you for this Friday treat!"
Gentlemen - thank you for your kind compliments. Bernoulli, today's suit is most excellent, and with your long legs, 5cm cuffs serve you well. Jimbo, yesterday's suit is a favorite of mine (among many) but often doesn't find a great deal of favor on the Internet - dunno why . . .[/QUOTE]

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
Crusty, I bet you can't wait to stop wearing your jacket for the warmer temperatures coming next week.
We will see how warm it will get next week, and how my tolerance of heat and humidity will fare with suit-wearing.

bernoulli

Brazil
RJ
Rio de Janeiro
Dear eagle and upr_crust, thank you for your kind words. Upr, I don't get why the interwebz don't like this suit of yours. I love the shade of blue and I think it suits you perfectly. And your shoes? Oh, your shoes...

This is one of your best, my friend. I like the aggressive cuffs on the suit trousers. ;)

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
I really like your tie.
Thank you, Jeff. I've had it several years, and it doesn't get enough usage - I will work on that this spring . . .

Dear eagle and upr_crust, thank you for your kind words. Upr, I don't get why the interwebz don't like this suit of yours. I love the shade of blue and I think it suits you perfectly. And your shoes? Oh, your shoes...
It wasn't Friday's blue suit that hasn't felt the love on the interwebz, it was Thursday's grey suit, but, ironically enough, on That Other Website, the grey suit garnered a quite respectable number of thumbs up, and the blue one is lagging behind - go figure. As for Friday's shoes, those were a lucky find at the C & J store here in NYC - a sale item.

Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
We will see how warm it will get next week, and how my tolerance of heat and humidity will fare with suit-wearing.

Next Week should be in the mid 70's, most of the days include showers and thunderstorms are possible.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^I find myself inclined to
go with tie #1. It's texture seems to be more compatible with your jacket's texture. It also visually plays more nicely with the pocket square. ;)

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts