upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
NYC is predicted to have a very warm day today, with temperatures reaching 30C/86F. I am seeing whether or not a suit in a mohair blend makes suit-wearing more bearable in such heat.

Otherwise, I've dug out of the closet some things I've not worn in a long while - today's shirt, from the shirt laundry tags, hasn't been worn since last July, and I cannot remember when last I wore today's tie. (Its excessive length reminds me why I don't wear it often.)

Suit - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shirt - Harvie & Hudson
Tie - Church's
Cufflinks - Brooks Brothers
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - Paul Stuart

IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^My friend, as always, you look fantastic! The fact you can pull on a shirt that you haven't worn for a year and have it fit so perfectly, given all the good eating you have reported though those marvelous lifestyle pictures you have shared with us, stands as an apparent testament to your personal fitness program. Thank you for sharing today's rig with us. ;)

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
^^My friend, as always, you look fantastic! The fact you can pull on a shirt that you haven't worn for a year and have it fit so perfectly, given all the good eating you have reported though those marvelous lifestyle pictures you have shared with us, stands as an apparent testament to your personal fitness program. Thank you for sharing today's rig with us. ;)
Thank you so much for your kind comments. For better or worse, I have clothes in a range of sizes - today's shirt leans towards the more generously proportioned. There are a few suits in my closet which I am hesitant to unwrap from their dry cleaner bags, for fear that they won't fit - a motivation to stay on the straight and narrow with regards to my personal fitness regimen. That, and my usual overweening sense of personal vanity :).

JBierly

Advanced Member
United States
Tennessee
Chattanooga
Thank you so much for your kind comments. For better or worse, I have clothes in a range of sizes - today's shirt leans towards the more generously proportioned. There are a few suits in my closet which I am hesitant to unwrap from their dry cleaner bags, for fear that they won't fit - a motivation to stay on the straight and narrow with regards to my personal fitness regimen. That, and my usual overweening sense of personal vanity :).
To my eye, better a tie be a bit too long than too short. I suppose that wasn't always the case and I recall seeing old movies where the ties were quite a bit shorter. Have you tried tying it with a bigger knot?

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
To my eye, better a tie be a bit too long than too short. I suppose that wasn't always the case and I recall seeing old movies where the ties were quite a bit shorter. Have you tried tying it with a bigger knot?
As it was, I tied yesterday's tie in a half Windsor, and it was still a bit too long.

Off to drawing class this evening, where a remarkable ensemble would be entirely besides the point, so a most unremarkable getup has been provided, enlivened only by the shoes, socks, and cap.

Shirt, trousers, cap - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - New & Lingwood

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
After a casual day yesterday, the weather still makes suit-wearing comfortable. Today's suit is the latest addition to my collection, and something of an experiment - a totally unlined jacket, and no shoulder padding. I will see whether or not this suit is more comfortable to wear in warm weather situations - certainly, it weighs about half of what most of my suits do.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Damiano Presta, Rome
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Braces - New & Lingwood
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand

IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG

blzr

United States
New York
New York
After a casual day yesterday, the weather still makes suit-wearing comfortable. Today's suit is the latest addition to my collection, and something of an experiment - a totally unlined jacket, and no shoulder padding. I will see whether or not this suit is more comfortable to wear in warm weather situations - certainly, it weighs about half of what most of my suits do.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Damiano Presta, Rome
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Braces - New & Lingwood
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand

View attachment 31247 View attachment 31248 View attachment 31249 View attachment 31250 View attachment 31251
Looks great! May you enjoy it for many years in good health.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
Today's weather in NYC will be wet and grey for both the morning and the evening commute. Due to this, my attire for today is made up of outliers - my only Charvet shirt, and my only pair of grey shoes, the former a "bucket list" item that I found at an advantageous price, and the latter an experiment that I doubt that I will repeat, but said experiment has rubber soles, a useful feature on a wet day.

So, dressed well enough to be rained on . . .

Shirt - Charvet
Khakis - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - To Boot New York

IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts