eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^I find myself inclined to
go with tie #1. It's texture seems to be more compatible with your jacket's texture. It also visually plays more nicely with the pocket square. ;)

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
NYC is predicted to have a very warm day today, with temperatures reaching 30C/86F. I am seeing whether or not a suit in a mohair blend makes suit-wearing more bearable in such heat.

Otherwise, I've dug out of the closet some things I've not worn in a long while - today's shirt, from the shirt laundry tags, hasn't been worn since last July, and I cannot remember when last I wore today's tie. (Its excessive length reminds me why I don't wear it often.)

Suit - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shirt - Harvie & Hudson
Tie - Church's
Cufflinks - Brooks Brothers
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - Paul Stuart

IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^My friend, as always, you look fantastic! The fact you can pull on a shirt that you haven't worn for a year and have it fit so perfectly, given all the good eating you have reported though those marvelous lifestyle pictures you have shared with us, stands as an apparent testament to your personal fitness program. Thank you for sharing today's rig with us. ;)

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
^^My friend, as always, you look fantastic! The fact you can pull on a shirt that you haven't worn for a year and have it fit so perfectly, given all the good eating you have reported though those marvelous lifestyle pictures you have shared with us, stands as an apparent testament to your personal fitness program. Thank you for sharing today's rig with us. ;)
Thank you so much for your kind comments. For better or worse, I have clothes in a range of sizes - today's shirt leans towards the more generously proportioned. There are a few suits in my closet which I am hesitant to unwrap from their dry cleaner bags, for fear that they won't fit - a motivation to stay on the straight and narrow with regards to my personal fitness regimen. That, and my usual overweening sense of personal vanity :).

JBierly

Advanced Member
United States
Tennessee
Chattanooga
Thank you so much for your kind comments. For better or worse, I have clothes in a range of sizes - today's shirt leans towards the more generously proportioned. There are a few suits in my closet which I am hesitant to unwrap from their dry cleaner bags, for fear that they won't fit - a motivation to stay on the straight and narrow with regards to my personal fitness regimen. That, and my usual overweening sense of personal vanity :).
To my eye, better a tie be a bit too long than too short. I suppose that wasn't always the case and I recall seeing old movies where the ties were quite a bit shorter. Have you tried tying it with a bigger knot?

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
To my eye, better a tie be a bit too long than too short. I suppose that wasn't always the case and I recall seeing old movies where the ties were quite a bit shorter. Have you tried tying it with a bigger knot?
As it was, I tied yesterday's tie in a half Windsor, and it was still a bit too long.

Off to drawing class this evening, where a remarkable ensemble would be entirely besides the point, so a most unremarkable getup has been provided, enlivened only by the shoes, socks, and cap.

Shirt, trousers, cap - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - New & Lingwood

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts