Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
Eagle, you can make that judgment now for yourself.

Today promises to be rainy later on, and I'm off to drawing class in any case, so nothing of interest to be posted from today's attire, but I did get one photo of my friends and I after drinks on Friday night, a photo better suited (in several senses of the phrase) to this thread than any I could produce this morning.

View attachment 31365

very nice. :)

Michael Marshall

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Ohio
Liberty Center
Eagle, you can make that judgment now for yourself.

Today promises to be rainy later on, and I'm off to drawing class in any case, so nothing of interest to be posted from today's attire, but I did get one photo of my friends and I after drinks on Friday night, a photo better suited (in several senses of the phrase) to this thread than any I could produce this morning.

View attachment 31365
Windowpane and plaid... I never thought of that pattern combination before, yet it works.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
Windowpane and plaid... I never thought of that pattern combination before, yet it works.
My husband's combination of shirt and suit was something of an accident, but it worked well enough.

Today's attire features a logical absurdity going on a fool's errand. Linen, being a warm-weather fabric, is the last thing out of which one would make a three-piece suit, but, here it is. I will be attending the Spring Garden Party at the Frick Collection this evening, a most delightful party, but one for which the most essential ingredient is sunshine, or at least lack of rain, which would not seem to be weather for NYC for this afternoon and evening - thunderstorms predicted throughout, yet, here I am dressed as if it were going to be sunny and pleasant. The only concession to the weather which I've made is choice of footwear - I wanted to wear a new pair of tan suede tassels, but have opted for the black and white spectators posted below.

At least I hope that the ensemble chosen is visually pleasing. That I leave to your judgment.

Suit - Brooks Brothers
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Turnbull & Asser
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations, NYC
Vintage watch chain
Shoes to be worn - Paul Stuart house brand
Shoes not to be worn due to weather - Alden, via Brooks Brothers
Hat - Christys, via Thomas Farthing, London

Not shown - Umbrella.

IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG