Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
The weather remains unsettled, warm, humid, with threat of rain today in NYC, but as I have an event to attend this evening at the Morgan Library, I will brave the elements (and the MTA) in a suit.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Chester Barrie, via Austin Reed, London
Tie & braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Shoes - Stefano Branchini, via Bergdorf Goodman

View attachment 31980 View attachment 31981 View attachment 31982 View attachment 31983 View attachment 31984

And don't forget your umbrella today.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
It's still rainy this morning in NYC, and it would be practical to dress down, but the heart wants what it wants, and I am tired of jeans and sneakers. My one concession to the weather is today's footwear, as the soles are Dainite.

Suit - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Yves Saint Laurent
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Braces - Albert Thurston, via New & Lingwood
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Crockett & Jones

IMG_0112.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0114.JPG
IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0116.JPG

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
⇧ That suit states - matter of factly - quality.

I hope you missed the deluge that hit about a half hour ago - it was like every faucet over the city was fully opened - it was nuts.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
⇧ That suit states - matter of factly - quality.

I hope you missed the deluge that hit about a half hour ago - it was like every faucet over the city was fully opened - it was nuts.
Thank you, FF. Today's suit was a sale item bought at the end of a season at Ede & Ravenscroft, a shop at which I have had inexplicably good luck with their sales.

As for the rain, I avoided it, pretty much, walking from my apartment to the subway, but was subjected to it, full force, walking from my subway stop downtown to my office. Happily, I took full advantage of all of the underground connections at the Oculus, and came up only two blocks from my office, and on a stretch of sidewalk partially covered by scaffolding, so I was able to get to work fairly unscathed. Today's suit is also a mohair blend, which helps with shape retention.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
Due to technical issues with connectivity, I was unable to post this morning, but rest assured that I will post today's attire this evening, assuming that the connectivity issues with AAAC (and That Other Website) have been fixed.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Due to technical issues with connectivity, I was unable to post this morning, but rest assured that I will post today's attire this evening, assuming that the connectivity issues with AAAC (and That Other Website) have been fixed.
As if Mondays didn't already s*ck enough - now this.:fool:

What am I supposed to look forward to now (it's all about me)?

Next I'll find we're all out of chocolate.

Kidding aside, have a good day / looking forward to the pics tonight.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
The sun has returned to NYC, and it's not unbearably hot yet, so one can dress up without fear of overheating - at least for the moment. (Posted late due to technical issues this morning, getting access to the website. FF, don't worry, we're sending you chocolate as well :). )

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt, braces, and cufflinks - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Joseph A Bank
Pocket square - Ashear
Shoes - Crockett & Jones

IMG_0118.JPG
IMG_0119.JPG
IMG_0120.JPG
IMG_0121.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts