mlenecare

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
illinois
lemont
Upr_crust,
I love that suit and those shoes are beautiful. I think I need to get a pair like them.

IT_cyclist

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Indiana
Bloomington
The sun has returned to NYC, and it's not unbearably hot yet, so one can dress up without fear of overheating - at least for the moment. (Posted late due to technical issues this morning, getting access to the website. FF, don't worry, we're sending you chocolate as well :). )

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt, braces, and cufflinks - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Joseph A Bank
Pocket square - Ashear
Shoes - Crockett & Jones

View attachment 32102 View attachment 32103 View attachment 32104 View attachment 32105 View attachment 32106
Worth the wait.

ran23

United States
Oregon
Medford
I'm used to dressing nice for the Doctor's Office, my appointment today was switched to 3:00 pm. Best I could do in the heat was white polo and blue/white seersucker. Blue SC carried everything so I could weight right.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
I'm used to dressing nice for the Doctor's Office, my appointment today was switched to 3:00 pm. Best I could do in the heat was white polo and blue/white seersucker. Blue SC carried everything so I could weight right.
Cousin is over in Applegate, thought still having a cool Summer?

I don't understand how me in Phoenix with it being hot and humid, I am in long pants, sport coat, and sometimes a tie which feels fine (even wore an overcoat this morning as was cool), which once was the casual dress, yet other folks are sweating in short shirt and short pants. Can folks not climatize?

Agree, I also dress nice for medical appointments, though for me means wearing a tie as already wearing a sport coat.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
The sun has returned to NYC, and it's not unbearably hot yet, so one can dress up without fear of overheating - at least for the moment. (Posted late due to technical issues this morning, getting access to the website. FF, don't worry, we're sending you chocolate as well :). )

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt, braces, and cufflinks - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Joseph A Bank
Pocket square - Ashear
Shoes - Crockett & Jones

View attachment 32102 View attachment 32103 View attachment 32104 View attachment 32105 View attachment 32106
Upr - outstanding and, as others have noted, well worth the wait. Add into the fact that we still had chocolate in the apartment and to answer John Maxwell Edmond's famous epitaph "Went the day well" is yes it did.

That suit, if memory serves, is all but unlined and unpadded - how have you found it to be both from a cooling perspective and from its ability to hold its shape/structure?

Last edited:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony

upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
Upr - outstanding and, as others have noted, well worth the wait. Add into the fact that we still had chocolate in the apartment and to answer John Maxwell Edmond's famous epitaph "Went the day well" is yes it did.

That suit, if memory serves, is all but unlined and unpadded - how have you found it to be both from a cooling perspective and from its ability to hold its shape/structure?
Your memory is correct - yesterday's suit is unlined and unpadded - and it's cool, comparable to a lined cotton seersucker suit. The fabric is a Solaro, and has some structure to it, though I usually have to iron the lapels before wearing it again, as they get a bit mushed hanging in the closet (the lapels are unlined as well). Otherwise, the fabric doesn't crease badly at all.

The pattern on your Reyn Spooner shirt is stunning, guaranteeing that folks will note your arrival with interest and approval and then be visually fixated on the back of your shirt upon your departure. As I've observed before, you do casual as well as I've ever seen! ;)
Thank you, Eagle!
I love the shirt Crusty, where did you get it? :)
Today's shirt was bought, if I recall correctly, at Macy's, but at least ten years ago or more.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts