drew1

Suspended
United States
New York
Brooklyn
I'm 5'8 and 162 lbs or so and always wear 32/30 with jeans. I tried on some Banana Republic dress pants in 32/30 but for some reason, they don't seem to cover my loafer that i was wearing. Like imagine you are wearing a loafer and the pants while you are standing up, doesn't cover it all so you can see your socks. Are those dress pants too short?

Someone told me he is not surprised that the length is not long enough because he is 6'1 and for Banana Republic, he wears 31 or 32 in length whereas i wear 30 in lenghth?

Earl of Ormonde

Connoisseur
Sweden
Värmland
Värmland
Height has nothing to do with it, inside leg measurement is what matters. I'm 6' and I wear a 30" leg, sometimes a 32" depending on cut and style. Whereas my very leggy Swedish wife who is 5'11" has a 36" inside leg. "72 inches of therapy" as Julia Roberts expressed it in Pretty Woman, while nekkid in the tub with RG! ;)

Jake Genezen

England
West Midlands
Birmingham
for some reason, they don't seem to cover my loafer that i was wearing. Like imagine you are wearing a loafer and the pants while you are standing up, doesn't cover it all so you can see your socks. Are those dress pants too short?
A reason I don't wear loafers is because they are shaped/cut lower than, say, laced shoes. I have my trousers altered so there is a break at the front, with a guardsman slant at the back. With my laced shoes, the trouser break nicely (for my tastes, anyway); when I put on a pair of loafers, you can see some sock. Some loafers, like apron loafers, are not shaped/cut as low as some others.

LeggeJP1

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I'm 6'4", but most of my height is in my torso--jackets shorter than 32" look silly on me.

I wear 34/32 pants.

statboy

United States
OK
Oklahoma City
Height has nothing to do with it, inside leg measurement is what matters. I'm 6' and I wear a 30" leg, sometimes a 32" depending on cut and style. Whereas my very leggy Swedish wife who is 5'11" has a 36" inside leg. "72 inches of therapy" as Julia Roberts expressed it in Pretty Woman, while nekkid in the tub with RG! ;)
Height doesn't determine inseam length. But the correlation is probably in the 0.7 range. The OP clearly has long legs relative to his height. In the parlance of our statistical times, he's an outlier.

jean-paul sartorial

I'm a shade over 5'8" and generally wear about a 30" inseam. It's obviously the inside leg that is more important than height, but like previously mentioned there is a correlation between the two. I don't view 5'8" and a 30" inseam as particularly out-of-the ordinary.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts