OCBD365

Starting Member
United States
California
Santa Cruz
I live in Northern California and wear must iron OCBDs just about everyday to work. If it’s really warm I have a few poplin plaids one relief duty.

The past few summers I’ve circled a few linens but never pulled the trigger. I’ve purchased madras and seersucker but ended up returning them as I didn’t feel a 3 month shirt has a role in my line up.

Do you keep summerfabrics in your shirt roster or do you stick with the more common Poplin, Oxford, Twill rotation?

challer

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Virginia
Alexandria
Linen all the time. DC is a swamp with ungodly heat and humidity. Linen is a lifesaver. My shirts are all MTM. Kennedy dealers have access to the Mason gold series of linen which is very good. The London Lounge has an extraordinary linen collection. Proper Cloth has a few linen blends.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
I have several linen shirts hanging in the closet, but frankly I wear almost nothing but vented, blousen pocketed fishing shirts and collared knit polo shirts during the warmer months (and we average about 8 to 9 such months, per year)! ;)

Semper Jeep

United States
Michigan
Bloomfield Hills
I like 100% linen the first time I wear a brand new one, but I hate all the wrinkles and find I never really stick with them throughout the summer.

I prefer a linen/cotton blend. I think they wear a lot more comfortably during the day, especially if you are wearing them to the office, and they wash up and are much easier to iron than 100% linen. Madras is great too and once we hit about late-June they get heavy rotation in my wardrobe.

Color 8

United States
PA - Pennsylvania
Philadelphia
I live in the Northeast and most of my shirts are good year-round.
I make up the difference in the weather with my outerwear and other layers.

I have some OCBD's of heavier fabric that get more use in the winter, and some shirts in lighter-weight pinpoint and royal Oxford that get more use in the summer.

I also have a few linen shirts, for summer days when I'm not wearing a tie and don't mind looking like an unmade bed :D

New Old Stock

United States
New York
New York
I'd embrace the 3-month shirt & get some seersucker, gingham, & madras. Since you're comfortable with OCBDs, I'd also recommend Pinpoint oxfords. And some crisp end-on-end shirts for more formal occasions.
I haven't bought a linen shirt myself, its not the wrinkles so much as the drape of the fabric I dont like. Some broadcloths are made so thin now that they aren't that bad in the dead of summer.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts

Deals/Steals