Dhaller

Advanced Member
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
Unless something prevents me from doing so, I wear Tori Richard shirts during the summer, usually their "cotton lawn" fabric. I have 14 of the things now (12 cotton lawn, 2 silk).

Wearing anything else during Georgia summers is simply a decision not to be comfortable. Why would I do that?

I'm actually wearing one now (in January, as it's 70-something here in Atlanta).

Behold: https://www.toririchard.com/mens-shirts

If I need to wear long sleeves from some reason, I'll wear linen shirts. I have no special loyalties regarding linen; lately, I just have them made by Proper Cloth (I like my linen shirts more "fitted" than they're traditionally worn).

DH

rl1856

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
South Carolina
Charleston
Polo shirts, short sleeved madras or linen BD shirts for casual wear. Pinpoint OCBD when I need to wear a tie. I prefer Pinpoint in the summer as it is a lighter weight fabric.

drpeter

United States
Wisconsin
Stevens Point
My summer shirts are almost exclusively short-sleeved polos and T shirts, with shorts for casual wear. Sometimes I wear short-sleeved camp collar shirts. I also wear them with poplin or light-weight twill slacks, coloured khaki, beige, nantucket red and navy. Occasionally, I'll add a cotton jacket, navy, beige, olive or seersucker, since summer nights in Wisconsin can get a little cool.

mrm21711

United States
Ohio
Cleveland
Plenty of plain polos
Short and long sleeve madras shirts (usually Gitman)
Long sleeve linen shirts (usually Gitman)
Occasionally an OCBD

Ive migrated away from shorts for most summer evening wear and am pleased with the change!

Ungentleman

Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
In warm weather I pack away most of my OCBDs and bring out the seersucker, madras, and non-iron end-on-ends that I bought before I knew better.

Captain America

United States
IL
Ottawa
Really loud expensive Hawaiian shirts!

Nah, actually, I have rainbows in my closet made of madras shirts and shirts and shirts.

TallLefty21

United States
CT
New Haven
To the office I typically wear poplin button-downs (mine are Spier & Mackay MTMs with all the Ivy/Trad details) and Brooks Brothers linen button-downs.

Outside of the office it's linen, madras, and seersucker--preferably madras. The patterns go so well with stone-colored chino shorts.