phr33dom

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
UK
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds
Rolex watch I recently purchased from a market stall dealer in Bangkok for USD30, the automatic movement can be seen beating through the observation window on the blue dial, exhibition back, 35mm case (not 36mm). Keeps great time. I replaced the metal president bracelet with a suede band. For some reason the watch looks bigger in the picture. Rolex.jpg

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
^Shouldn’t Rolex be in quotes in your post?
You mean we shouldn’t trust a market stall dealer in Bangkok?

I wonder if Charles Dana will compose a fake Rolex song to the tune of “One Night in Bangkok”.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
You mean we shouldn’t trust a market stall dealer in Bangkok?

I wonder if Charles Dana will compose a fake Rolex song to the tune of “One Night in Bangkok”.
Oh God that was a horrible song in that catchy way some horrible songs have of boring their way into your head.

nppridgefield

United States
CT
Ridgefield
My recently acquired prize possession. A 1922 Illinois pocket watch that has been lovingly restored by the fine people at Vortic Watch. It is 100% American made with its original face, hands and movement. It has been fitted with a bronzed titanium case, copper crown and gorilla glass on the front and exhibition back showing the beautiful movement. It is 46mm.

Attachments

MTM_Master?

United States
Wisconsin
Milwaukee
Over the past two years, I have been bitten hard by the watch hobby. Many pieces have come and gone, currently enjoying a Rolex Yachtmaster on blue rubber strap by Vulcan Straps.

YM.jpg

FLMike

Connoisseur
United States
FL
West Coast
Over the past two years, I have been bitten hard by the watch hobby. Many pieces have come and gone, currently enjoying a Rolex Yachtmaster on blue rubber strap by Vulcan Straps.
That would drive me nuts. I don’t get that approach. I wear this one pretty much every day of my life and am perfectly content. To each their own, I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTM_Master?

United States
Wisconsin
Milwaukee
That would drive me nuts. I don’t get that approach. I wear this one pretty much every day of my life and am perfectly content. To each their own, I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Respectfully, if you are more of a one watch person, to some you may not qualify as a true watch collector. Although, I suppose an enthusiast of any hobby is not defined by how much one owns, but rather how much one knows and enjoys the hobby.

Personally, I enjoy experiencing many different brands and models; sadly finances simply do not allow me to keep everything and when it's time for something new, something else is typically sold or traded in.

Congrats on the GMT Master II "Coke", it is a truly great piece!

FLMike

Connoisseur
United States
FL
West Coast
Respectfully, if you are more of a one watch person, to some you may not qualify as a true watch collector. Although, I suppose an enthusiast of any hobby is not defined by how much one owns, but rather how much one knows and enjoys the hobby.

Personally, I enjoy experiencing many different brands and models; sadly finances simply do not allow me to keep everything and when it's time for something new, something else is typically sold or traded in.

Congrats on the GMT Master II "Coke", it is a truly great piece!
True, I’m not a watch collector. Thanks...My watch is actually a BLRO (“Pepsi”), but I sourced the LN and “Coke” inserts so I could change it up every once in a while.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts