What watch are you wearing today?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Reds & Tops, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Hebrew Barrister

Hebrew Barrister Senior Member

United States
    texas
    yourmomtown
    Rado Capt Cook MKII. It's almost an exact reproduction of the original. The difference is mainly in the bracelet design iirc.

I saw an article on it's release and couldn't resist placing an order.

RogerP likes this.
  2. phr33dom

phr33dom Active Member with Corp. Privileges

UK
    Suffolk
    Bury St Edmunds
    Rolex watch I recently purchased from a market stall dealer in Bangkok for USD30, the automatic movement can be seen beating through the observation window on the blue dial, exhibition back, 35mm case (not 36mm). Keeps great time. I replaced the metal president bracelet with a suede band. For some reason the watch looks bigger in the picture. Rolex.jpg

ran23 and Hebrew Barrister like this.
  3. FLMike

FLMike Connoisseur

United States
    FL
    West Coast
    ^Shouldn’t Rolex be in quotes in your post?

Matt S and Semper Jeep like this.
  4. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    You mean we shouldn’t trust a market stall dealer in Bangkok?

I wonder if Charles Dana will compose a fake Rolex song to the tune of “One Night in Bangkok”.

5. Fading Fast

Fading Fast Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    NY
    Oh God that was a horrible song in that catchy way some horrible songs have of boring their way into your head.

6. nppridgefield

nppridgefield New Member

United States
    CT
    Ridgefield
    My recently acquired prize possession. A 1922 Illinois pocket watch that has been lovingly restored by the fine people at Vortic Watch. It is 100% American made with its original face, hands and movement. It has been fitted with a bronzed titanium case, copper crown and gorilla glass on the front and exhibition back showing the beautiful movement. It is 46mm.

Attached Files:

dragan and SG_67 like this.
  7. MTM_Master?

MTM_Master? Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Wisconsin
    Milwaukee
    Over the past two years, I have been bitten hard by the watch hobby. Many pieces have come and gone, currently enjoying a Rolex Yachtmaster on blue rubber strap by Vulcan Straps.

YM.jpg

8. FLMike

FLMike Connoisseur

United States
    FL
    West Coast
    That would drive me nuts. I don’t get that approach. I wear this one pretty much every day of my life and am perfectly content. To each their own, I suppose.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. MTM_Master?

MTM_Master? Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Wisconsin
    Milwaukee
    Respectfully, if you are more of a one watch person, to some you may not qualify as a true watch collector. Although, I suppose an enthusiast of any hobby is not defined by how much one owns, but rather how much one knows and enjoys the hobby.

Personally, I enjoy experiencing many different brands and models; sadly finances simply do not allow me to keep everything and when it's time for something new, something else is typically sold or traded in.

Congrats on the GMT Master II "Coke", it is a truly great piece!

10. FLMike

FLMike Connoisseur

United States
    FL
    West Coast
    True, I’m not a watch collector. Thanks...My watch is actually a BLRO (“Pepsi”), but I sourced the LN and “Coke” inserts so I could change it up every once in a while.