What watch are you wearing today?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Reds & Tops, Aug 14, 2009.

1. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    Two for the price of one! Good idea.

The more I see the GMT with the Pepsi bezel, the more I fall in love with it.

I wonder what would happen if I just rolled into an AD and told them I wanted to buy one?

2. Steel Rim

Steel Rim Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Florida
    Wilton Manors
    Thinking of purchasing this @45mm. Typically too big for me, but am obsessed by the look... IMG_3035.jpg

RogerP likes this.
  3. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    Today's watch choice is my Apple Series 4 watch in black stainless steel, with a black rubber strap. The watch looks like hell on one's wrist, but it does provide valuable feedback as to your activity levels and related cardiac functioning throughout the day! It may be big, ugly and not very stylish, but it can badger one out of an overly sedentary lifestyle, provide critical medical information to the wearer and contact medical authorities, if necessary and it can serve as your iphone, eliminating the need to carry the more inconveniently (much larger) sized iphone on your person. Not too bad, eh? ;)

Fading Fast and RogerP like this.
  4. RogerP

RogerP Connoisseur

Canada
    ON
    Oakville

Looks fine to me - it's a Panerai - it's not supposed to look small and discreet.

I've been wearing this offering from a (very much) lesser-known brand of late. I love the styling - like the lovechild of a Royal Oak and a Nautilus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Woofa, krock and Steel Rim like this.
  5. MTM_Master?

MTM_Master? Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Wisconsin
    Milwaukee
    Great look, I am personally a huge fan of Panerai. If you want the same DNA but something slightly smaller, you may consider the Radiomir PAM 574. 42mm, although you give up the wire lugs and onion crown.

6. Steel Rim

Steel Rim Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Florida
    Wilton Manors
    Thanks. I want wire lugs and onion crown.
    Looking at the PAM62 but mucho $$$ and rare...

7. MTM_Master?

MTM_Master? Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Wisconsin
    Milwaukee
    Very nice! Looks great. The dial layout, particularly the applied indices and hands, reminds me of a Zenith Defy Classic. I really like how the day/date windows are positioned at 6 o'clock.

Do you have a display caseback? I have to admit, this brand was mostly unknown to me as well - after a little interneting, does your piece have an updated/restored vintage movement in it??

RogerP likes this.
  8. RogerP

RogerP Connoisseur

Canada
    ON
    Oakville
    Thanks! And yes to the display back. Only the various limited edition OHM (Original Historical Movement) Series house classic vintage calibers. Mine has a more pedestrian Sellita. I am eyeing the tank-shaped OHM as my next buy.

9. Hebrew Barrister

Hebrew Barrister Senior Member

United States
    texas
    yourmomtown
    Only owning one would drive me nuts, but if you're only going to have one, that's a pretty damn good choice for it. Nicely chosen.

10. Semper Jeep

Semper Jeep Senior Member

United States
    Michigan
    Bloomfield Hills
    I'm wearing my new Nomos Club Campus. I picked it up at a new local AD during a launch event for Nomos. I went in just to look and see how these smaller Club models fit compared to my old Ahoi and instantly fell in love. The Ahoi was gorgeous but fit horribly. This one is gorgeous and fits beautifully.

[​IMG]
    (The photo is from a couple of days ago but I'm wearing it again so I thought I'd recycle it.)

Now I need to stop back into the store this afternoon and pick up the Wolf watch winder box that was included as a "gift with purchase" for buying during the launch.