upr_crust

Connoisseur
United States
New York
New York
Brooks Brothers, when they have a sale - and occasionally Syms, when something from Hickey-Freeman falls through the cracks and shows up there.

The Rambler

Honors Member
For 25 years, my local (Phila Main Line) bespoke tailor, (recently, sadly, deceased) who charged less than what you pay for top of the line otr. Evolving my style and fit over the years was a great pleasure, our relationship was very intimate, in some respects. All suits still fully operational, though a few needed relining. Before that, Brooks and Southwick. I usually think I'm done buying suits (I'm 63), but am tempted to buy just one more, a salt and pepper Donegal from Paul Winston.

DorianGrey

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Ohio
Columbus
For 25 years, my local (Phila Main Line) bespoke tailor, (recently, sadly, deceased) who charged less than what you pay for top of the line otr. Evolving my style and fit over the years was a great pleasure, our relationship was very intimate, in some respects. All suits still fully operational, though a few needed relining. Before that, Brooks and Southwick. I usually think I'm done buying suits (I'm 63), but am tempted to buy just one more, a salt and pepper Donegal from Paul Winston.
I used to be aware of two popular tailors in the Main Line, Centofanti and Cicco, both of which I wanted to try. Was it either one of these that passed?

Broadus

United States
South Carolina
Clinton
I appreciate the suggestions in this thread. I haven't bought a new suit in about ten years, and my wife says I need to replace some.

mlongano

United States
NC
Charlotte
MTM and CTM for the last thirty years.

Prior to that you could walk into most clothing stores and buy high quality, made in the USA suits off the rack.