White Tie Waistcoat Length

medhat

United States
Wisconsin
Madison
BSR, without a doubt you'd have presented us (the "U.S.") much better than was done. Only a very small circle will ever know whose "fault" it was for this sartorial faux pas (that's being as polite as I can be). I'm pretty sure there does exist a WH dept of protocol and etiquette. Maybe that department got cut, or they were not consulted. But I have a hard time thinking they were involved at all, and if they were, it's time for a staff change.

Funny, as we like to poke fun at GQ magazine, but this is from GQ UK, and it seems both generic yet appropriate: https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/white-tie-dress-code

Last edited:

WA

Honors Member
United States
WA
Bellingham
At least he, or somebody, got the colors right.

For how many errors there are, it is comical.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
While the Presidents rig may present some unarguable fit issues for our assessment, Prince Charles also looks to be wearing an older and larger brothers trousers. I would point out that the President, having slimmed down noticeably is wearing his formal and business rigs much more presentably these days. ;)
Perhaps Prince Charles leans towards southern trouser cuts in the USA, full, pleated, and with a deep break. No one will confuse him with a Yankee of the J. Press school!

momsdoc

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Ocean
I cannot imagine, given the resources, power, and prestige of the man in question, that an entire fleet of Savile Row tailors could not have been assembled in a short order to fix this disaster.

It’s not like he hadn’t put on the rig for years, he has had plenty of white tie events in the past 2 2/1 years. His handlers knew where he was going, what the dress code was, and what clothes to pack.

If they cant get this right, god forbid what guidance he’s given with the Nuclear Codes.

richard warren

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Louisiana
covington
“If they cant get this right, god forbid what guidance he’s given with the Nuclear Codes.”

That’s the sort of thought I had when I saw Obama wearing a “Tuxedo” with a white tie.

We somehow survived. I guess.

Shaver

Connoisseur
England
Manchester
I cannot imagine, given the resources, power, and prestige of the man in question, that an entire fleet of Savile Row tailors could not have been assembled in a short order to fix this disaster.

It’s not like he hadn’t put on the rig for years, he has had plenty of white tie events in the past 2 2/1 years. His handlers knew where he was going, what the dress code was, and what clothes to pack.

If they cant get this right, god forbid what guidance he’s given with the Nuclear Codes.
Guidance is for lesser men. The God Emporer acts as he sees fit.

Shaver

Connoisseur
England
Manchester
*Emperor- note to self: perform the Roman Ritual XIII upon the demon predictive text which possesses my 'phone.

WA

Honors Member
United States
WA
Bellingham
Not worried about him with the Nuclear Codes. He is more interested in bringing the military home, from what I see. It seems to me that even some Democrats think he is pulling the military out of other countries to fast. The military is a tool, not an answer to a problem, for him. His methods of thinking is very different from what college educated produces, nowadays. College education is very narrow minded, anymore. And, look at the mess the world is in. I appreciate seeing other reasoning on the table again. His lack of ability to communicating to the public has nothing to do with getting what needs to be done, done. Communitive skills do not trump other skills. Look at some excellent musians and artist, but lousy with words. The variety of other ways of thinking, children need to be educated in these. I think Trump is becoming an educator, here. Some older have forgotten. But, not all of us. Jesus said something like, "It's not what a man says that matters, it is what he does." if you are hung up on what he says and not what he is accomplishes, you are paying attention to the wrong part of him.
Don't like his lack of interest in clothes. But, we all lack interest in somethings. His clothes are horrible.